Dough ball's

Old April 18th, 2006, 06:23 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Default Dough ball's

I am looking for a recipe on how to make dough ball's for catfish &
carp.Any info would be helpful.

Tia
Willie

Old April 19th, 2006, 12:18 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

"Willie S" wrote in message

I am looking for a recipe on how to make dough ball's for catfish &
carp.Any info would be helpful.

Tia
Willie

Here's one I got off the net some time ago...haven't tried it yet.
Tom G

NUKE BAIT

2 cups cornmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oatmeal
3 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg gelatin(strawberry,cherry,grape-Any flavor)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups h2o
1 bag of small flavored marshmallows

1-Pour all ingredients except flour into pot, mix together
2-On medium-low heat, stir all ingredient together till all marshmallows are
gone
3-Add 1/2 cup flour and stir till there is no flour left.
4-Add another 1/2 cup flour and stir till there is no flour left
5-And once again add another 1/2 cup flour and stir till there is no flour
left
6-Keep stiring till its like dough or till your wrist is broken, what ever
comes first :-)
7-Put in a old butter tub and place in fridge till ready to use
8-When at the water, roll into good sized ball around hook.

Old April 19th, 2006, 12:33 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

"Willie S" wrote in message

I am looking for a recipe on how to make dough ball's for catfish &
carp.Any info would be helpful.

Tia
Willie

I've also used one similar to this, adding strawberry Jell-O for flavor.
Works great on Carp and occasionally on Catfish. Be sure to NOT use the
sugar free version of Jell-0. No results at all the one time my wife picked
that up for me. Here it is.

Tom G.

2 c. boiling water
1 c. white flour
1 c. cornmeal
1/2 c. sugar

Then flavoring is optional: vanilla for carp, rum for catfish, Velveeta
cheese for trout.

PS.
When I make it, I bring the water to a boil, turn it down a little and then
slowly ladle the flour, cornmeal, sugar mix on top of the water. Then when
it's all on the water, use a wooden spoon to mix it up. Work fast, as it
gets hard to work fast. Then roll into a ball. Refrigerate or it will
develop mold within a few days. The last batch, I used a hand mixer with
dough mixing blades and it was much easier and more uniform.

Old April 19th, 2006, 05:57 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Thanks Tom,

will try them both this weekend if i can get out of working

Old April 21st, 2006, 12:29 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Kurt,

Thats a good idea,i'll try & find some.
thinking bout grinding it into a paste then using that instead of the
jello.( will also make a batch using liver)

Willie
eastcentral Alabama

Old April 22nd, 2006, 10:43 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Hello,
I have had luck with white bread, vanilla extract and a little bit of red
pop.

Old April 24th, 2006, 06:42 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

"Willie S" wrote in message

Thanks Tom,

will try them both this weekend if i can get out of working

So, any luck this weekend...or did you have to work?

Tom G.

Old June 14th, 2006, 12:14 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 00:23:37 -0500, (Willie S)
wrote:

I am looking for a recipe on how to make dough ball's for catfish &
carp.Any info would be helpful.

Tia
Willie

Please don't waste your rum on the fish........
Buy some worms drink the rum....