Noodling

Old April 5th, 2006, 03:43 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Default Noodling

I would like to open a dialog with a fisherman who has knowledge about
noodling in North American Rivers.

Old April 7th, 2006, 01:20 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Snapping turtles hurt
oups.com...

Old April 8th, 2006, 01:12 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

down here in louisiana we call it hand grabben.
oups.com...

Old April 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

On 4 Apr 2006 19:43:43 -0700, wrote:

I would like to open a dialog with a fisherman who has knowledge about
noodling in North American Rivers.

Don't do it in Europe... they can grab back!

http://members.rott.chello.nl/tmarapengopie/meerval.htm
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:42 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

In Missouri we just call it grabbing.
Can be a struggle when you get a 40-50 lb cat.

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 19:12:07 -0500, "swampy"
wrote:

down here in louisiana we call it hand grabben.
roups.com...

Old May 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
charly wrote:
schrieb:

I would like to open a dialog with a fisherman who has knowledge about
noodling in North American Rivers.

what do you call noodling - I´m from Austria and I can´t find this word
in any fishing context

Charly

It's where your hand becomes a noodle

You reach under logs, and in holes in the banks, you feel a big old cat
fish, he feels you touching him , and thinks your lunch, so he spins
around and swallows your hand,, you use your hand to grab back,, then if
you don't drown, and don't let go, you come out of the water with a
monster of a cat fish, now if you get into trouble, and try to let go,
sometimes they don't, and you end up being lunch. Other times it a big old
snapping turtle, and then boy are you in trouble, as we have them get up
to 250 lbs and can take a hand off at the wrist

So it is a sport not for the faint at heart, or the intelligent :-)

--

That (described above) is usually called "Grappling".

Noodling is an old way of fishing with a large fly or popper, usually from a
boat. A long limber cane pole was used with a short (4-5 feet) line. As
the boat moves in the current or by slow quiet rowing, the fly is worked in
likely spots. (holes in the weeds, edges of weeds, behind rocks, etc) A 20
foot pole allows you to work a path 40 feet wide. Bait may be used, such as
a live frog.

Remember the John Wayne movie "The Shepherd of the Hills" (1941) The gal
Sammy (Betty Field) asks the old man how he caught those nice crappies and
he says "Noodlin'".

Raining like crazy here. (lower Michigan) I will be heading out about 5am,
regardless. Flatheads are filling up my fishin hole, and I've volunteered
to remove them. Sizes are mixed, from 32 -42 inches this year. I think
I'll stop by the all night grocery and grab a bag of frozen shrimp. My new
digicam is due to arrive today..... pictures soon.

Pepperoni

Old May 11th, 2006, 12:08 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Pepperoni wrote:

So it is a sport not for the faint at heart, or the intelligent :-)

--

That (described above) is usually called "Grappling".

Different locals, use different words,, we call the below "jigger pole
fishing" down here

Noodling is an old way of fishing with a large fly or popper, usually from a
boat. A long limber cane pole was used with a short (4-5 feet) line. As
the boat moves in the current or by slow quiet rowing, the fly is worked in
likely spots. (holes in the weeds, edges of weeds, behind rocks, etc) A 20
foot pole allows you to work a path 40 feet wide. Bait may be used, such as
a live frog.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:07 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

On Tue, 09 May 2006 21:17:50 +0200, charly
wrote:

noodling

http://www.cabelas.com/information/c...n-Fishing.html
Live Life Lovingly