Best method for River Bass in the winter?

Old January 7th, 2006, 04:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Best method for River Bass in the winter?

Any suggestions guys?

I have a good patterns from warm weather but I can't seem to catch much in
colder weather.

Any suggestions? Maybe a deeper pattern in the current?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
GW

http://www.upstateforums.com
Visit Today!!
Old January 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Slow down, and when you think your retrieve is slow enough. Slow it down
more. This time of year you basically have to knock em over the head to get
a strike.

--
______________________________
Dave Norton

Old January 8th, 2006, 08:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Dave Norton wrote:

Slow down, and when you think your retrieve is slow enough. Slow it down
more. This time of year you basically have to knock em over the head to get
a strike.

That's why the Wiggle rig works so well this time of the year,, you can
slow down to a complete stop, yet still keep your lure moving in that spot.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old January 9th, 2006, 12:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

And here we go again! Rodney, you're probably an alright guy. However this
NG has seen fit to "exclude" spamming, and advertising from posts
here.Something you just can't seem to get a handle on.You just can't get it
in your thick skull that the majority of posters on this NG could give a
rat''s ass about what you have come up with. It's not so much your gizmo's
that we object to, but rather your attitude that you have all the answers.
And "only" your answers are worth listening to.

Rodney, I would hazard a guess that most of the posters here "don't" want
you to go away "mad". We'd just like you to go "away"! You can regale me all
you want with your statistics, and I for one will cast a deaf ear on
anything you have to say!

--
______________________________

Old January 9th, 2006, 01:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Dave Norton wrote:
And here we go again! Rodney, you're probably an alright guy. However this
NG has seen fit to "exclude" spamming, and advertising from posts
here.Something you just can't seem to get a handle on.You just can't get it
in your thick skull that the majority of posters on this NG could give a
rat''s ass about what you have come up with.

Nothing I wrote could be considered as spam, A question was asked, I
answered it,, you don't like the answer, then give a "real" reason why
you think it is wrong, we will debate that, otherwise your comments are
not needed, as they are just a flame, which goes against the charter of
this group, and I will not get into flame war with you.

Nothing would have been said if a certain spinner bait was the answer,
even if those who are involved in that company made the post, it would
not have been called spam,, because it would not have been spam, it was
just answering a question.

It's not so much your gizmo's
that we object to, but rather your attitude that you have all the answers.
And "only" your answers are worth listening to.

I post rarely, just on what I know as fact, if I am mistaken, I admit
it. I make my living fishing, and developing new tackle, those actually
in the industry think I'm right a lot of the time. I spend most of my
time on the water "actually" testing tackle , lures, and rigs. Head to
head, something few here do, if any do. I don't just go fishing to have
fun, it's a job to me.

Rodney, I would hazard a guess that most of the posters here "don't" want
you to go away "mad". We'd just like you to go "away"! You can regale me all
you want with your statistics, and I for one will cast a deaf ear on
anything you have to say!

You have the right to believe anything you want,, you don't have the
right to try to keep others from hearing just what might be the truth.

Old January 9th, 2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

The "truth" by " Rodney Long" !

--
______________________________

Old January 9th, 2006, 02:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Dave Norton wrote:

The "truth" by " Rodney Long" !

I see you have nothing to say about my answer being wrong, and the
reason you think it was a wrong answer for those fishing conditions,
thus we have nothing to debate.

Old January 9th, 2006, 04:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Dave Norton" wrote in message
The "truth" by " Rodney Long" !

================================================== ===============================

Now Dave, stop poking the troll. He might get angry. ~ Bill P.

Old January 9th, 2006, 05:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I think Rodney's idea is good and I find it quite easy to make my own rig.
Mojo sinker, tag elastic (that you can get from any fabric store), and 2
split rings. The rest is a standard dropshot.

--
Craig Baugher

Old January 9th, 2006, 05:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

GL3Loomis wrote:

I think Rodney's idea is good and I find it quite easy to make my own rig.

It is not an "idea" it is a "patented" fishing rig, US Patent 6678993

Mojo sinker, tag elastic (that you can get from any fabric store), and 2
split rings. The rest is a standard dropshot.

Making your own is not only illegal, it is unethical, using elastic is
covered under the patent, but it is also not near as good as the
material we sell, (which was designed just for this use) it limits it's
use to being fished under the boat, you can't cast it far as the elastic
will break, if you use a stronger elastic, your having to chunk a lot of
lead. The material we have specially manufactured is "Spectra" wrapped
around living rubber, it can handle the hardest cast, so you can use the
rig horizonaly, fishing it along the bank. Any Place you would Carolina
or Texas rig. It takes only 3/8 oz weight to make it work, but you can
use over an oz.

If you can't afford buying the material, I will gladly send it to you
for free.