feedback wanted for Okuma Titus Gold reels

Old September 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Stephan Carydakis

Default feedback wanted for Okuma Titus Gold reels

Hi All,

Just bought an Okuma Titus Gold 30 2 speed and I'm after any feedback about
these reels. I haven't used it yet but a couple of mates and I are taking a
boat to Tassie in March '06.

The things I do like are; it is very light for it's size, it's smooth
enough, it was a lot cheaper than similar Tiagra/Penn/Daiwa and the finish
is good. Seems fairly heavy duty too.The only thing I do not like is a what
I consider to be an issue with the lever on the drag system.

I have set the drag to 5kg in the strike position. When the lever is nearly
at free spool, such as would be when cubing/strip baiting, it has a lot of
lateral movement, as well as being very loose in the forward/backward
movement. My cousin has purchased a 50WII and it is even worse than mine
when nearly at free spool with the correct drag setting. It literally falls
into free spool if you 'tap' the reel body hard enough a few times. Both my
cousin and I have contacted Okuma via e-mail but they don't seem interested!

Does anyone own one of these or knows of this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Steph.

Old September 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM
caedecus caedecus is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan Carydakis
[...]

interesting you say this about the okuma reels, i have an okuma TO30 and it is a little sloppy in regards lateral movement of the lever of the drag..
as far as i can see the prob here is the method by which it actuates the drag itself, nothing easy to fix this as far as i can see
not a bad little reel as far as i am concerned though, would like to hear more about the larger reels in performance though, as i have looked at them also
cheers,
david