PT nymphs ....on the hoof

Old November 14th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Larry L

Default PT nymphs ....on the hoof

Pheasant season is open here and the neighbors ( and "friends from the city"
.... it's amazing how many 'friends' remember ya one time a year at pheasant
season ) are out marching around the local fields, their once a year guns at
the ready.

There is a big rooster in my backyard, slinking around the shop and keeping
a low profile. He's lucky that I have a good supply of PT nymph material
and I don't want to eat him badly enough to pluck and clean him. G.

I'll have to wait here in the house a while before I go out to do morning
chores, I don't want to chase him back into harms way.

Old November 14th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Willi & Sue

Larry L wrote:
Pheasant season is open here and the neighbors ( and "friends from the city"
... it's amazing how many 'friends' remember ya one time a year at pheasant
season ) are out marching around the local fields, their once a year guns at
the ready.

There is a big rooster in my backyard, slinking around the shop and keeping
a low profile. He's lucky that I have a good supply of PT nymph material
and I don't want to eat him badly enough to pluck and clean him. G.

I'll have to wait here in the house a while before I go out to do morning
chores, I don't want to chase him back into harms way.

I could use a nice pheasant tail.

Willi

Old November 15th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Larry L

"Willi & Sue" wrote

I could use a nice pheasant tail.

Jenny cost me a great hunting spot, 40 years ago. As I stopped to thank
the farm owner for permission to hunt and show him my birds, a great
squarking uproar started behind me. I turned to see Jenny just as she
caught one of the farmers "pet" peacocks by the tail!

I yelled "Here" just as the bird nearly lifted that little Golden off the
ground as it flew off to land on the roof of a barn. My wonderful little
bitch came, as called, but had a mouth absolutely stuffed full of fresh
Prince nymph materials.G The farmer's wife was outraged and we were
never invited back to hunt the place again :-(

You're a Golden man .... I wrote this many years ago and had it on a
retriever specialty web site I maintained until a few years ago .....
she was an exceptional bitch, far more so than I understood then ....
Hundreds of retrievers later, including a few Field Champions and many
Master Hunter titles, I'd give anything to have another one like her, now
..... any dog men around here might enjoy my story about her.

http://www.kimshew.com/kennels/jenny.htm

Old November 15th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Cyli

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:40:41 GMT, "Larry L"
wrote:

(Snipped) .

http://www.kimshew.com/kennels/jenny.htm

That got me all choked up and almost teary.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old November 15th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Willi & Sue

Larry L wrote:

I'd give anything to have another one like her, now
.... any dog men around here might enjoy my story about her.

http://www.kimshew.com/kennels/jenny.htm

Nice Larry.

Willi