bug tank

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 25th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Larry L

Default bug tank

Damnit, Connor,
you've got me convinced I need to spend some time staring at a bug tank.
I'll run into town tomorrow and shop for a tank .... I hope to find a small
Plexiglas one I can travel with in my trailer. I have sampling nets, and a
fair amount of experience using them, so I think I can catch the bugs. I
worry about keeping them alive, after capture and getting them home, but I
bet I manage. In the fishing season, I usually camp in one spot for a
couple weeks at a time, and that appears to be about the expected life, of a
bug tank ... so it should work out OK if I sample a local river when I get
there I'll be ready to dump the contents about the time I want to move on.

Baetis are starting to hatch locally now and will be my first intended
captives .... maybe some midges, of course, .... and Rhithrogena are a real
possibility to be near hatching stage here in NorCal .. Brachycentrus soon

Hehe, I feel like a kid expecting a new toy, as I think about it ....

If you have any bug tank links or suggestions ..... I'm all ears ...ah, eyes
I guess on UseNet