Keeping Warm in Winter?

Old November 3rd, 2003, 10:42 PM
Danny

Default Keeping Warm in Winter?

Hi. I am planning on braving the winter, and doing some decent winter
sessions this year. Any tips?

I have my eyes on a JRC 5-Season sleeping bag, and will wrap up in plenty of
jumpers, etc.

What are bivvy heaters like? Are they worthwhile?

Also, someone told me that he has seen rods go in during the winter where
the line had froze to the eyes of the rod. Is there any way of preventing
this?

Cheers.

Old November 4th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Gray

"Danny" wrote in message
Hi. I am planning on braving the winter, and doing some decent winter
sessions this year. Any tips?

Also, someone told me that he has seen rods go in during the winter where
the line had froze to the eyes of the rod. Is there any way of preventing
this?

Cheers.

Yes there is away of not having the line freeze the eyes and that is to
use a drop of Glycerine on each eye

--
Regards
Gray

http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk

---

Old November 8th, 2003, 10:03 AM
kill bob not bill

get a copy of hardcore cheerleaders ..! if you diont catch, then you'll
have a definate glow...

failing that.. a good pair of skeeteks, neoprene gloves and
"Danny" wrote in message
Cheers Gray