Rod Licences!

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Gnat

Default Rod Licences!

"Gray"
Don't disagree at all Matt

--
Regards
Gray

http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk

"Matt (IS Team)"
IMHO the licence should remain and should be more expensive (I think
£30 would be reasonable).
This is why:

[snip]

Richard
But need to be more flexible for example a fee per rod so you can opt
for 1, 2, 3 or 4 rods. Many carp anglers would like 3 or 4. I suspect
some match anglers would like 1. Should be done on a pro rata basis,
namely about £10 per rod per year. I contacted the EA about this
recently ..... no plans .... just one thing that aggravates customers.

This is already covered after a fashion, a Rod Licence covers you for up
to two rods, if you want to fish three or four rods you need two licences.

Best.

Nathan.
Old September 20th, 2003, 05:03 PM
marktattoo

maybe just a discussion and the princible behind it as in why tax the
fisherman and not other sports ?

"Dominic Lloyd" wrote in message
christt, lads. it's twenty quid a year, is all.

Old September 21st, 2003, 10:56 AM
warren dobson

I think losing the license would be a bad thing. At the moment the EA has a
direct obligation to the angler because he or she pays a yearly
fee........infact id go as far to say that the license fee should be
increased, so long as the revenue raised was spent wisely in a way to
protect and benefit our sport.

if we are going to abolish a license lets lose the (surely illeagal) tv
license!!!

Old September 21st, 2003, 07:39 PM
marktattoo

slight differance with the tv licence even though I disagree with them. But
at least you can opt of of them legally by having a tv tetunes as not to
pick the bbc services up