Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists

Old October 31st, 2003, 10:15 PM
Outdoors Magazine

Default Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists

Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists

Pro-fish activists have won permission from Disney to adapt a film poster
for Finding Nemo to help promote vegetarianism to youngsters.

Pressure group Peta says it is using the cartoon characters on leaflets,
along with a two-metre tall fish, to persuade children not to eat fish.

The film features a shark who attends a support group for vegetarians which
uses the Peta slogan prominently.

A spokesman for Peta (People of the Ethical Treatment of Animals) said: "We
were delighted to see our tag-line 'Fish are friends not food' in the
Finding Nemo movie.

"The slogan is even being used on Finding Nemo pyjamas."

"We hope that after seeing Finding Nemo, children will agree that fish
belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates."

Story filed: 13:55 Thursday 9th October 2003

Copyright © 2003 Ananova Ltd

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

Old November 1st, 2003, 05:46 AM
Rodney

Outdoors Magazine wrote:

"We hope that after seeing Finding Nemo, children will agree that fish
belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates."

ROTFLMAO

Last time I took my 5 year old grand daughter fishing,, I asked her what
she was trying to do with one of her long cast,, she laughed and said

"I'm looking for Nemo"

WHat are you going to do when you catch him, was my reply

She replied "don't be silly, I'm going to eat him, after you clean him
and Nanna cooks him "

SHe was giving me a very serious look
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Old November 1st, 2003, 07:36 PM
RGarri7470

It has been suggested we petition Disney to change their anti fishing message.
Probalby won't do much good. Disney is home of the movie Bambi and all the anti
hunter emotion it has started. According to a report I read in a magazine, the
original script for Bambi called the poacher that killed Bambi's mom a poacher
- but that was changed. Disney has been approached to put a disclaimer on the
movie that hunters are ethical, but they have refused. I respect Disney about
as much as I do PETA.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old November 5th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Robb Nunya

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:15:56 GMT, "Outdoors Magazine"
scribed:

Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists

Pro-fish activists have won permission from Disney to adapt a film poster
for Finding Nemo to help promote vegetarianism to youngsters.

Pressure group Peta says it is using the cartoon characters on leaflets,
along with a two-metre tall fish, to persuade children not to eat fish.

The film features a shark who attends a support group for vegetarians which
uses the Peta slogan prominently.

A spokesman for Peta (People of the Ethical Treatment of Animals) said: "We
were delighted to see our tag-line 'Fish are friends not food' in the
Finding Nemo movie.

"The slogan is even being used on Finding Nemo pyjamas."

"We hope that after seeing Finding Nemo, children will agree that fish
belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates."

Story filed: 13:55 Thursday 9th October 2003

Copyright © 2003 Ananova Ltd

Can you picture how puny a VEGETARIAN shark would be? The poor thing
would die of malnutrition in weeks! Ahhh... junk science....

By the way, I was at the Main Street Arts Festival (Real Conservative
bastion THERE NOT) in Ft Worth last year, and the guy manning the
Vegan booth was disgusting! He was hugely fat and had extreme
man-breasts that looked like women-breasts... If that's what a vegan
diet does to the male anatomy, count me out!