Good patterns for sand eels/lance?

Old May 10th, 2004, 06:58 PM
THOMAS SCHREIBER

Default Good patterns for sand eels/lance?

Hi,

Here in Denmark, we have a sand eel/lance frensy at the moment. I think that
all the larger seatrout are having a feast these days. The waters are filled
with sand eels/lance.

Anyone knows any good patterns?

I thought about using a short hank hook like the TMC 811S og a Mustad 47S (i
think) with a dark colored polarfibre wing(maybe more colors), and a
golden/silver tube mylar head, with 3d stick-on-eyes covered with epoxy.

Anyone got some words of wisdom to add? )

--

Venligst, Grüsse, Regards,
Thomas Schreiber

Old May 11th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Mike Connor

"THOMAS SCHREIBER" wrote in message
Hi,

Here in Denmark, we have a sand eel/lance frensy at the moment. I think

that
all the larger seatrout are having a feast these days. The waters are

filled
with sand eels/lance.

Anyone knows any good patterns?

I thought about using a short hank hook like the TMC 811S og a Mustad 47S

(i
think) with a dark colored polarfibre wing(maybe more colors), and a
golden/silver tube mylar head, with 3d stick-on-eyes covered with epoxy.

Anyone got some words of wisdom to add? )

--

Venligst, Grüsse, Regards,
Thomas Schreiber
-

Short shank hooks with long "wings" are no good for seatrout. You get
takes, but no hook ups. You might like to try this;
http://www.sexyloops.com/connorsmetre/saltfly4.shtml

TL
MC

Old May 11th, 2004, 05:53 PM
THOMAS SCHREIBER

Short shank hooks with long "wings" are no good for seatrout. You get
takes, but no hook ups. You might like to try this;
http://www.sexyloops.com/connorsmetre/saltfly4.shtml

TL
MC

Interesting reading. Though I dont agree on your "no hook up" statement. )

And the section about Danes using pilchard oil?!?!! I'm Danish, I've been
flyfishing for the last 15 years now (I'm only 25 years old), and I've never
heard of the usage of pilchard oil in fishing?!?! I've asked other people,
and noone has heard of it either. Where have you seen this?

--

Venligst, Grüsse, Regards,
Thomas Schreiber

Old May 11th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Mike Connor

"THOMAS SCHREIBER" wrote in message
SNIP
Interesting reading. Though I dont agree on your "no hook up" statement.

)

And the section about Danes using pilchard oil?!?!! I'm Danish, I've been
flyfishing for the last 15 years now (I'm only 25 years old), and I've

never
heard of the usage of pilchard oil in fishing?!?! I've asked other people,
and noone has heard of it either. Where have you seen this?

OK, "No hook ups" is perhaps a little exaggerated, say "fewer hook ups"
instead. I have met a number of Danes on Jutland,Als, and Fünen, that used
pilchard oil on their flies.

TL
MC