Rotary Fly Tying Vises

Old October 12th, 2007, 03:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Corndog[_2_]

Default Rotary Fly Tying Vises

Frank Reid;95835 Wrote:
This is the DanVise: 'Cabela's -- Danvise New-Classic Vise'
(http://tinyurl.com/36a4ag)
Frank Reid

I love my DanVise and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Still had
money left over to buy material.

If my boys tie with me they always fight over who gets to use it.
probably cause it looks kinda like a Starwars robot.

Cdog

--
Corndog
Old October 12th, 2007, 05:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
vince45

Mike;95839 Wrote:
On 7 Oct, 04:02, Mike wrote:
On 7 Oct, 03:15, Frank Reid wrote:

This is the DanVise: 'Cabela's -- Danvise New-Classic Vise'

(http://tinyurl.com/36a4ag)
Frank Reid

Get the extension arm for it from here;

Tight Lines - Al & Gretchen Beattywww.btsflyfishing.com
BT's Fly Fishing Products &
Flyfisher Magazine

208-362-2663 (phone & fax)
208-861-0564 (cell)

Makes a big difference to hook access. If you are feeling kindly,
recommend it to others as well.

I wont post directly to ROFF any more, but people should know about
this.

TL
MC

Sorry, forgot the link;

'danvise' (http://tinyurl.com/2ue9o2)

For more then a few years i have been tying with a
standard vise , i looked over the danvise ,. thought i deserved an
early christmas present and ordered it,.. thank you for the advice..
Vince

--
vince45
Old October 14th, 2007, 12:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.flyfishing
Jack W. Spangler

I've been using a NorVise since Norm Norlander introduce them to the market , I've gone through 4 sets of jaws(just got my latest one) Norm says their rated for around 200,000 plus flies , But I also have a sewing machine motor and treadle foot control(on floor) mounted to mine....I love it, being a Commerical Alaska Fly tyer I can tie a coho in around 45 seconds ! I did run We Tie Company in Anchor Point, Alaska for the last 18 years , but now I'm taking what I do one step farer. I make My own Glass FishHooks and tie different fly pattrens on them for Christmas Ornaments , also Wall and Desk Placques. Have a 4 inch mouse(deerhair) on a desk placque , also 4 inch Mosquito(7 total) Mobile......burned my house down 2 years back so its slow coming back onto the market while trying to rebuild.....if interested in my ideals an would like to see any of the above I'm
to answer your question : it's hard to begin with , but you'll love both the vise an bobbin after practice an lots of it .,......you want that thread to twist if your dubbing , but tying small flies not to much on the spinning. Glad to answer any and all question Steelhead on the Anchor River is GREAT this year!!)
"Jim Edmondson" wrote in message lobal.net...
I have been fly fishing for about a year and am thinking of trying tying.
I saw some videos on the Nor-Vise rotating vise system and it looked very
interesting. A couple of questions:

For those experienced tyers out there, is having the ability to rotate the
hook as useful as it appears to a novice?

What are the downsides? One thing I thought of is with the bobbin on the
stand and the hook rotating to add body materials, the thread will twist,
is this an issue?

Are there other rotating vise systems out there in addition to the one from
Nor-Vise tha I should consider?

Thanks for any insights that you can offer.

Jim

Old October 16th, 2007, 06:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.flyfishing

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Renzetti presentation 3000. I love the thing. It has
plenty of room to work arround the hook. If you have large hands like me,
you will appreciate the room. It is pricy at $350 but will last a
lifetime
and after all if flytying is your passion, whats money ?
Edmond Dantes

Because we're talking about a beginner here.
Frank Reid

Old October 16th, 2007, 06:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.flyfishing

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Renzetti presentation 3000. I love the thing. It has
plenty of room to work arround the hook. If you have large hands like me,
you will appreciate the room. It is pricy at $350 but will last a
lifetime
and after all if flytying is your passion, whats money ?
Edmond Dantes

Because we're talking about a beginner here.
Frank Reid

I hate cheapness in a man !

Edmond Dantes

Old February 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM
charlshennry charlshennry is offline
Junior Member

I acclimated a anchor Renzetti Rotary for 20 years, afore a general circling (no best manufactured). They fabricated some aspects of tying easier and added tidy. The capital opinion, I can accommodate to acquisition a decent teacher's basal steps, whether it is a academic chic or assurance friends acquaint you the basics.