bucktail alternative for clousers

Old January 25th, 2009, 01:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Ray[_3_]

Default bucktail alternative for clousers

can anyone tell me the best alternative to use in place of bucktail to tie
skinny water clouser minnows--bead chain eyes
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry L

"Ray" wrote in message
can anyone tell me the best alternative to use in place of bucktail to tie
skinny water clouser minnows--bead chain eyes

"best" I'm not sure ... EP Fibers work and are available in many colors

The stuff isn't quite as stiff and bucktail and will foul around the hook in
use if overly long ... keep it sparse and short and I find it works ... 4 me

Old January 26th, 2009, 04:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Daniel-San

"Ray" wrote ...
can anyone tell me the best alternative to use in place of bucktail to tie
skinny water clouser minnows--bead chain eyes

I'm a fan of superhair as a bucktail replacement.

-Dan

Old February 25th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Hennessy Hennessy is offline
Banned

I like to use Hairline Dubbing Craft Fur, and some Gold flashabou for hard bottom clouser minnows

For soft bottom clousers Craft Fur with some crystal flash, putting some snapping shrimp bars in the wings is always a good idea too.

www.hawaiionthefly.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray[_3_] View Post