dolphin

Old May 3rd, 2009, 06:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
chas

Default dolphin

jeff wrote:
chas wrote:
Nice fish Jeff. Why is the lure (tube fly?) still in his mouth?

Chas

hi chas! thanks... where have you been? long time, no hear...

long story...but, removing the hook from a big dolphin flapping about on
the deck is a challenge for me. this one swallowed the ballyhoo and hook
deep, i tried to use a hook remover, but just pushed it deeper. had to
cut it out after fileting. that's the head of an islander lure dangling
down from the flouro leader and hook (in dolphin's tummy). it's a deep
sea trolling lure...use a big rod and shimano tiagra reel with it -
because we were hoping to trick a billfish.

how was the steelhead fishing this year? been back to yellowstone?

jeff

It has been a long time. I'm doing fine, still fishing a lot, but lately mor
in the neighborhood because of the economic downturn.

Steelhead fishing has been fair to poor this year. The Hoh usually gets me
more than one fish per day, and this year I've hooket 3 and landed none for
about 7 days fishing. The other rivers have been similar. The Cowlitz has
been kinder, but it's huge water and was out of shape from Thanksgiving through
February because of a huge flood.

I understand about the lost hook in the dolphin, I hadn't managed to guess that
explanation.

Last year and the year before I didn't manage to get to Yellowstone. This year
it's high on my list. It's my favorite national park, and I miss it. Will
there be a western clave this year? I just can't manage to weed through the
fluff on roff, so I haven't followed, but I'd enjoy meeting up with the crew
again.

I should post some pics
Hope to see you again,
Chas

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

chas wrote:
[...]

i've missed seeing the photos of the fish you and your son usually shake
hands with...

this will probably be my first year not fishing in yellowstone in a long
time. i know i'll miss it, and there's always a chance i'll go, but
unlikely. i'm headed to penns for the 10th (and maybe final organized)
gathering of the usual suspects, will be at snowbird for a week in june,
and a week at harkers island in october for the sal****er.

danl still visits the yellowstone annually, willi and steve have been
focused on wyoming and exotic sal****er last i heard, and warren has
disappeared into the bozeman vapors. i did hear from john hightower this
year, but he's been fishing infrequently close to home around missoula.
i'd suggest sending a note to danl...though willi might have an
interest in that hike into a remote lake in yellowstone.

roff still has a decent fishing crowd, though the old "camaraderie" has
long since lost its lustre. some good folks still rumble about.

anyway, hope you'll put up some of your photos. i enjoy seeing the
waterscapes and fish from your area of the world. and...any of your
travels to yellowstone this year will be appreciated as well.

good to hear from you...

jeff
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:39:03 -0400, jeff
wrote:

caught in gulf stream off nc

Holy moley, nice fish.
--
Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Charlie wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:39:03 -0400, jeff
wrote:

caught in gulf stream off nc

Holy moley, nice fish.

thanks charlie...good to hear from you. are you heading west this year?

jeff
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Charlie wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:39:03 -0400, jeff
wrote:

caught in gulf stream off nc

Holy moley, nice fish.

just visited your photos. wow! i'd forgotten the remarkable eye and
talent you have with a camera.

jeff
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie

On Mon, 04 May 2009 19:52:13 -0400, jeff
wrote:

just visited your photos. wow! i'd forgotten the remarkable eye and
talent you have with a camera.

Thanks Jeff. I'm leaving next week for Utah via the Natchez Trace(
I've never been down to that part of MS, and I also want to check out
Clarksdale) and then probably on up to Jackson and Yellowstone in
June. I'm also planning on going back out in September, definitely to
Yellowstone then.
--
Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com