DDFS signup deadline is this Sunday

Old August 29th, 2008, 01:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

Default DDFS signup deadline is this Sunday

Tim J. wrote:
riverman wrote:
On Aug 28, 12:33 am, "Tim J."
wrote:

Myron "riverman" Buck (deciding any day now. . . )

Hmmm, I refer you to the following email of August 23....

I finally put my foot down and asked SWMBO if I could have a
ManSpace, so we spent the typhoon day rearranging the house so I can
clutter up a back room. So go ahead and make me a definite, as now I
have somewhere I can tie.

I am humbled by your correctness and my total inadequecies as
swapmeister.

.. . . Obviously, inadequacies multiply as I get older. . .
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 29th, 2008, 01:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
jeff miller[_2_]

Wayne Harrison wrote:
"jeff miller" wrote

wayno's agreed to loan me his spare vise and all his unused materials, so
i'm in too.

i was wondering if you were going to do that size 22 royal wulff emerger
that we discussed the last time i was in greenville...

yfitp
wayno

too timid an entry, don't you think?...i'm considering the 24 now. with
all the recent talk of mouse patterns, your mammalian series might be
well-received, eh?

jeff
Old August 29th, 2008, 02:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
[email protected]

On Aug 28, 8:47*pm, jeff miller wrote:
Wayne Harrison wrote:
"jeff miller" wrote

wayno's agreed to loan me his spare vise and all his unused materials, so
i'm in too.

* * i was wondering if you were going to do that size 22 royal wulff emerger
that we discussed the last time i was in greenville...

yfitp
wayno

too timid an entry, don't you think?...i'm considering the 24 now. *with
all the recent talk of mouse patterns, your mammalian series might be
well-received, eh?

jeff

actually, i have devoted far more energy to efforts centered on
the study of mammarian patterns indigenous to guilford county.

yfitp
wayno(l'audace, toujours l'audace!)
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
[email protected]

Wayne Harrison wrote:
"jeff miller" wrote

wayno's agreed to loan me his spare vise and all his unused materials, so
i'm in too.

* * i was wondering if you were going to do that size 22 royal wulff emerger
that we discussed the last time i was in greenville...

yfitp
wayno

too timid an entry, don't you think?...i'm considering the 24 now. *with
all the recent talk of mouse patterns, your mammalian series might be
well-received, eh?

jeff

* * *actually, i have devoted far more energy to efforts centered on
the study of *mammarian patterns indigenous to guilford county.

yfitp
wayno(l'audace, toujours l'audace!)- Hide quoted text -

Well there is that NW guide favorite, the pink Nipple fly.
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Frank Church[_8_]

Tim J. wrote:
riverman wrote:
On Aug 28, 12:33 am, "Tim J."
wrote:

Myron "riverman" Buck (deciding any day now. . . )

Hmmm, I refer you to the following email of August 23....

I finally put my foot down and asked SWMBO if I could have a't
ManSpace, so we spent the typhoon day rearranging the house so I can
clutter up a back room. So go ahead and make me a definite, as now I
have somewhere I can tie.

I am humbled by your correctness and my total inadequecies as swapmeister.

Well shee-it Timmy, as a former swap-nazi (RIP George) I may as well
jump in here, I hate to see you grovel and beg for tiers.
All you poor rug munchers are gonna get some sort of bluegill fly from
me whether you like it or not.
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

Frank Church typed:
Tim J. wrote:
riverman wrote:
On Aug 28, 12:33 am, "Tim J."
wrote:

Myron "riverman" Buck (deciding any day now. . . )

Hmmm, I refer you to the following email of August 23....

I finally put my foot down and asked SWMBO if I could have a't
ManSpace, so we spent the typhoon day rearranging the house so I can
clutter up a back room. So go ahead and make me a definite, as now I
have somewhere I can tie.

I am humbled by your correctness and my total inadequecies as
swapmeister.

Well shee-it Timmy, as a former swap-nazi (RIP George) I may as well
jump in here, I hate to see you grovel and beg for tiers.
All you poor rug munchers are gonna get some sort of bluegill fly from
me whether you like it or not.

You da man, Frank. A *really* old man, but da man, nonetheless. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 29th, 2008, 07:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Frank Church[_8_]

Tim J. wrote:
Frank Church typed:
Tim J. wrote:re
Myron "riverman" Buck (deciding any day now. . . )
Hmmm, I refer you to the following email of August 23....

I finally put my foot down and asked SWMBO if I could have a't
ManSpace, so we spent the typhoon day rearranging the house so I can
clutter up a back room. So go ahead and make me a definite, as now I
have somewhere I can tie.
I am humbled by your correctness and my total inadequecies as
swapmeister.

Well shee-it Timmy, as a former swap-nazi (RIP George) I may as well
jump in here, I hate to see you grovel and beg for tiers.
All you poor rug munchers are gonna get some sort of bluegill fly from
me whether you like it or not.

You da man, Frank. A *really* old man, but da man, nonetheless. ;-)

....I'm reminded of that every morning when I wake up and wonder where
the hell I am, but at the same time grateful that I'm still here.
I've been seeing a gorgeous CMT for the past year and a half and we have
a standing appointment every Monday at noon for one hour so she can run
her hands all over my warm quivering body. THAT'S what keeps me here.

Fired up in Fremont
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
[email protected]

On Aug 27, 12:33*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:
Here are the participants so far:

Dan "Daniel-San" Brunsvold
Eddie Jasen
Hans van der Stroom
Jeffrey Barnes
Myron "riverman" Buck (deciding any day now. . . )
Stan Gula (mid-to-3/4-coersion)
Svend Tang-Petersen
Tim Johnson
Tom Littleton
Tony Weall
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Knight (mid-coersion)

If someone else gave me the thumbs up and I've left you off the list, let me
know about the ommision. I'd like to see a few more of you (you know who you
are) sign up and get to the 15-20 mark. As busy as I've been with other
things, I may have to ask wayno to help me tie mine. *;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Tim:
I have to take a pass. I just can't find the time to even straighten
out the mess on my tying area, let alone guarantee the time to produce
flies. Next time, next year.
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

JR typed:
Tim J. wrote:
JR wrote:
I can't believe you bumped me from the swap. Imagine what that
does to my already fragile sense of self-worth.....

What I should have bumped is my head. You can't get off that easy -
you're
IN!.

OK, so how many are we, finally? And what's the deadline again?

We are 15.

Dan "Daniel-San" Brunsvold
Dave Snedecker
Eddie Jasen
Frank Church
Hans van der Stroom
Jeff Miller
Jeffrey Barnes
John "JR" Russell
Myron "riverman" Buck
Svend Tang-Petersen
Tim Johnson
Tom Littleton
Tony Weall
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Knight

The deadline for arrival in my hot little hands is Friday 9/26. More details
later. . .
--
TL,
Tim