A-bomb Cased Caddis

Old April 7th, 2008, 11:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
ajfromnj[_11_]

Default A-bomb Cased Caddis

This is a pattern that I have been using for my anchor is the
Czech/Polish nymphing rig. In competitive fly fishing you are not
allowed to use weight so I have built this fly with a tungsten bead and
19 wraps of .013" lead wire. This fly works well not only weighted but
unweighted as well. This is tied on a TMC 5263 in a size 8 to imitate
all of the stick cased caddis that inhabit the slower sections of most
trout streams.

'April FOTM' (http://tinyurl.com/5n57xo)

--
ajfromnj

Check out my website - The best trout fishing website in the Northeast!
Old April 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
theartoflee[_31_]

Looks very similar to John Bars cassed caddis sans the bug skin. Nice to
share the nyphs as I know my box doesnt have many nymphs or sub surface
caddis in this case.

--
theartoflee

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
a fool forever.
Old April 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
notbob

On 2008-04-07, ajfromnj wrote:

This is a pattern that I have been using for my anchor is the
Czech/Polish nymphing rig. In competitive fly fishing you are not
allowed to use weight so I have built this fly with a tungsten bead and
19 wraps of .013" lead wire. This fly works well not only weighted but
unweighted as well. This is tied on a TMC 5263 in a size 8 to imitate
all of the stick cased caddis that inhabit the slower sections of most
trout streams.

'April FOTM' (http://tinyurl.com/5n57xo)

From a not-yet-a-fly-tier, very informative and interesting. I've
bookmarked it for future reference. From an experienced photographer, get a
tripod.

nb