Using Clams as bate

Old August 9th, 2007, 06:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
mercury100

Default Using Clams as bate

Hello everyone: I am a newbie in sal****er fishing. I was wondering
what fish goes for clams? And where do I get the clams from?

Last time I fish about a week ago, I was using chicken gizzard which
was cheap & easy to get at any supermarket, but I had no luck using it
in the waters.

I am located in New York City. I often fish at the Hudson River by
Battery Park.

Thank you!

Old August 9th, 2007, 09:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Musashi

"mercury100" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello everyone: I am a newbie in sal****er fishing. I was wondering
what fish goes for clams? And where do I get the clams from?

Bait shop. Give these places a call.
http://www.baitnet.com/search.php?ac...y=New%20Yor k

Last time I fish about a week ago, I was using chicken gizzard which
was cheap & easy to get at any supermarket, but I had no luck using it
in the waters.

I am located in New York City. I often fish at the Hudson River by
Battery Park.
Thank you!

If you fish Battery Park at this time of year , use cut fish like Bunker
chunks
for Bluefish and Striped Bass.
If you want to target Stripers and other assorted fish, use Sandworms or
Bloodworms.
Clams are used for Porgies and will also work on Stripers, but I don't think
there are any Porgies around Battery Park.
Best thing to is talk to others who fish that spot to see what they are
targeting and
what they're using.
I doubt you'll have much luck with chicken gizzard other than Eels or White
Catfish but I
don't know if they come down south of the George Washington Bridge.

Old August 9th, 2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

From: "mercury100"

| Hello everyone: I am a newbie in sal****er fishing. I was wondering
| what fish goes for clams? And where do I get the clams from?
|
| Last time I fish about a week ago, I was using chicken gizzard which
| was cheap & easy to get at any supermarket, but I had no luck using it
| in the waters.
|
| I am located in New York City. I often fish at the Hudson River by
| Battery Park.
|
| Thank you!

Please don't Multi-Post. Please learn to Cross-Post to pertinent, On Topic, News Groups
instead.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm