new rod license law

Old March 9th, 2007, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
clive

Default new rod license law

Don't know if you guys know, but as from 1-April-2007 people who are in
receipt of DLA, ( disability living allowance) can get a half price
concessionary license. you no longer need to be a blue badge holder. It
doesn't matter if you are on the high/med or low rate, you still qualify.
Clive

Old March 9th, 2007, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Alec Powell

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, clive, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Don't know if you guys know, but as from 1-April-2007 people who are in
receipt of DLA, ( disability living allowance) can get a half price
concessionary license. you no longer need to be a blue badge holder. It
doesn't matter if you are on the high/med or low rate, you still qualify.
Clive

Thanks for this Clive.
It's good to know that at last someone, somewhere is getting their
priorities right.
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old March 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
clive

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, clive, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Don't know if you guys know, but as from 1-April-2007 people who are in
receipt of DLA, ( disability living allowance) can get a half price
concessionary license. you no longer need to be a blue badge holder. It
doesn't matter if you are on the high/med or low rate, you still qualify.
Clive

Thanks for this Clive.
It's good to know that at last someone, somewhere is getting their
priorities right.
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Hi Alec
Funnily enough I wrote a letter of complaint to the enviroment
agency last October, complaining as to why only blue badge holders were
allowed consessions on the license.
I myself am in receipt of DLA, (to cut a long story short I have severe
depression ), it's ok I'm not a nutter. :-))
Anyway, I pointed out to them that my GP told me to get a hobby as it would
be good for theraputic reasons. and with me being on a very low income as I
live on my own etc, I found it a bit unfair under the circumstances as the
full price is a lot of money to myself.
It would appear that at last they are listening. ( hopefully) I dont agree
with the rod license at all, in any shape or form. In my opinion it should
be abolished along with the TV license. It;s ridiculous in the sense they
can fine you for coarse fishing without a license but cant touch you for sea
fishing, wheres the sense in that.
Clive

Old March 9th, 2007, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Richard

"clive" wrote in message

[...]

Don't really know _but_ thinking aloud maybe the EA spend much more time,
effort and money maintaining inland waterways than they do the 'sea'.

Just guessing though ......... Richard

Old March 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Alec Powell

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, clive, gave forth these words of wisdom:
it's ok I'm not a nutter. :-))

That's a pity. Most anglers are :-)
Good luck to you mate and tight lines,
Alec

Old March 10th, 2007, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
clive

"clive" wrote in message
Don't know if you guys know, but as from 1-April-2007 people who are in
receipt of DLA, ( disability living allowance) can get a half price
concessionary license. you no longer need to be a blue badge holder. It
doesn't matter if you are on the high/med or low rate, you still qualify.
Clive

Here is the link for the new rule...........

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk...99730/?lang=_e

scroll down to where it says "What other types of licence are available?"

clive