New to fishing

Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Paul Moore

Default New to fishing

I was a fisherman years ago when I lived in the northwest of england, now I
have moved to thetford and would like to start fishing again but course
fishing lots of things have changed, can anyone tell me what rod license I
would need to fish the area is it a National or not.

Paul
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Derek Moody

In article , Paul Moore
wrote:
I was a fisherman years ago when I lived in the northwest of england, now I
have moved to thetford and would like to start fishing again but course
fishing lots of things have changed, can anyone tell me what rod license I
would need to fish the area is it a National or not.

National - from Post Office. Don't buy an annual licence right now.
There's only a month to run so get a monthly one and renew in April.

Whilst lots may have changed in coarse -fishing- the -fish- haven't changed
noticeably in the last few thousand years. For the first few trips use your
old tackle (if you still have it) or buy a simple, cheap, outfit similar to
your old gear and carry on where you left off. The old methods will still
work as well as they ever did. After a few trips you will begin to
identify/remember limitations in your methods, only then do you go looking
for solutions, 'modern', or otherwise. In general, there is now even more
tackle designed to empty angler's wallets rather than to catch fish. You
need very little to catch most UK fish.

This last fortnight of the coarse, river, season (there might be stillwaters
near you without a closed season) is one of the best periods for
traditional, one rod, minimal gear, fishing.

Have fun. Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Ken Ward

"Paul Moore" wrote in message
.. .
I was a fisherman years ago when I lived in the northwest of england, now I
have moved to thetford and would like to start fishing again but course
fishing lots of things have changed, can anyone tell me what rod license I
would need to fish the area is it a National or not.

Hi Paul,
It is a National license from April 1st starting date. see EA website
at http://tinyurl.com/rqx34

Ken Ward (Still in the Northwest)