Whats a good mullet bait?

Old April 11th, 2006, 07:04 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

Default Whats a good mullet bait?

I thought I'd try a bit of mullet fishing off the local beach in
Adelaide.

Whats a good cheap simple bait?

I've used mincemeeat previously but wondered about using bread or
dough.

Any receipies about?

Cheers

Rob

Old April 12th, 2006, 01:38 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

Adam Seidel wrote:

"me here" wrote in message
I thought I'd try a bit of mullet fishing off the local beach in
Adelaide.

Whats a good cheap simple bait?

I've used mincemeeat previously but wondered about using bread or
dough.

Any receipies about?

Cheers

Rob

Have always used kangaroo meat or steak chopped into small pieces to
get onto a hook and use a berley with a mince meat content.

Adam

Hi again,

I tried using roo meat this year and as its a gamey flesh I thought it
would be better than ordinary mince which I have used before - but all
I got was harrassment by small tommies and salmon trout.

I will try the roo again, and also some bread dough.

Whats the best way to make bread dough, just squash up a bit of bread
with water?

Has anyone tried garden worms....I read that somewhere?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Rob.
Old April 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

"me here" wrote in message
Adam Seidel wrote:

"me here" wrote in message
[...]

Denny from GotOne used to recommend sausage mince & semolina (with a bit of
cat food thrown in, if you want) for Mullet. I had a lot of success at the
St Kilda channel using bloodworms.

Had a lot of fun using worms on Redfin at a local dam (in the Hills).
Haven't tried them at the beach.

Good luck, let us know how you went.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:47 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

me here wrote:
I thought I'd try a bit of mullet fishing off the local beach in
Adelaide.

Whats a good cheap simple bait?

I've used mincemeeat previously but wondered about using bread or
dough.

Any receipies about?

Cheers

Rob

1 cup of flour
1 x sachet of yeast
1/2 cup warm water
2 tablespoons vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of cooking oil or fish oil

3 hooked paternosta rig about 1metre long (300mm between hooks)beginning
100mm beneath float.
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:56 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

a wrote:
me here wrote:
I thought I'd try a bit of mullet fishing off the local beach in
Adelaide.

Whats a good cheap simple bait?

Buy kangaroo meat from Woollies (cheaper at market). Slice into
mullet-bite sized pieces (small), and add some curry powder and tuna
oil to taste. Put in plastic containers in freezer till needed.

3 hooked paternosta rig about 1metre long (300mm between hooks)beginning
100mm beneath float.

.... with size 10 hooks, and ~10cm hook traces.

Berley sinker on metro beaches, star sinker on surf beaches.

Andrew
--
Andrew Gabb
email: Adelaide, South Australia
Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:51 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

Andrew Gabb wrote:
a wrote:
me here wrote:
I thought I'd try a bit of mullet fishing off the local beach in
Adelaide.

Whats a good cheap simple bait?

Buy kangaroo meat from Woollies (cheaper at market). Slice into
mullet-bite sized pieces (small), and add some curry powder and tuna oil
to taste. Put in plastic containers in freezer till needed.

3 hooked paternosta rig about 1metre long (300mm between
hooks)beginning 100mm beneath float.

... with size 10 hooks, and ~10cm hook traces.

Berley sinker on metro beaches, star sinker on surf beaches.

Andrew

flour + water made to firm dough consistency + drop of aniseed flavouring.

rb

Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:14 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

me here wrote:
I thought I'd try a bit of mullet fishing off the local beach in
Adelaide.

Whats a good cheap simple bait?

I've used mincemeeat previously but wondered about using bread or
dough.

Any receipies about?

Cheers

Rob

AH Mother in Law ?
Don't mullet like oily slicks ?
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:07 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

1-3 single soft green peas on a very small hook. trebble if you are
allowed. 1 on each hook. Cast net works wonders
try this site:
http://64.119.173.247/~vsimedia/medi...astnet-300.asf

Allen @ http://click1now.com