Fishin' with my buddy Bear

Old August 10th, 2008, 11:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Default Fishin' with my buddy Bear

I dragged my sorry butt out of bed this morn around 7:00AM. Did a few things
around the house, fed my fat ass, and headed over to mother's to pick-up my
best fishin' buddy. Bear began bouncing off the walls, as soon as I opened
the door to mother's house. He bound out the door and straight to the newly
repaired Element. He was none to happy that I had allowed someone to
rear-end his fishin' vehicle. Surprisingly, most of the damage was done to
the front-end, as i rear-ended the truck in front of me--driven by a Lenoir
attorney. The Element was the only vehicle to sustain any damage--$3000.00
worth.

Anyway, we headed over to the same stream that we fished last Sunday. We
just fished a different stretch. This stream is fairly low in elevation and
doesn't have many deep plunge pools. Jeff wasn't too terribly impressed with
my selection of this stream, back in June. Nonetheless, I like it cause it
does hold trout and isn't over run with people. If you happen to find
someone is on the stream already, its easy enough to head over to another
stream.

I managed to perform a partial Reid, just before Bear and I were going to
head back to the car. I had stepped on Bears paw earlier in the day and he
let out quite a yelp. I reckon he figure he get back at me so when I went to
hop to a fairly large rock, Bear beat me to it. I was in mid-hop, when I had
to redirect myself--Bear occupied the entire rock I had planned on landing
on. Anyway, my second choice rock turned out to be not so stable. When I
landed on it, it rolled and I landed sidways in the stream. That pretty much
called the day for us.

It was a good day. Topped it off by coming home and makin' me a couple of
fresh garden grown tomato sandwiches.

Op --Bear does't seem to be the worse for wear, after having 220 lbs. of
studded waders on his big damn paw--

Old August 10th, 2008, 11:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Forgot to say that I posted some sorry lookin' pics over at abpf.

Op

Old August 11th, 2008, 01:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 10-Aug-2008, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen" wrote:

He bound out the door and straight to the newly
repaired Element. He was no

OP

Do you like the Honda Element?
What kind of gas mileage?