Crank Baits

Old October 2nd, 2004, 04:48 AM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

Default Crank Baits

Okay every one here's the deal. After following the tread on rusty hooks and silica gel packs, etc. I checked my crank baits. I
haven't even looked at'em in over a year. Yup some have rusty hooks that need replacing and some don't. I've decieded they need
to go to some one that will actuall fish them (I've become a soft plastic/spinnerbait user since moving to Florida). I dumping
them in an old coffee can and I'll send them all to anyone that can use them (I think I have about 30 or 40). This will free up
sorage space for more SW and soft plastics. So as to not hurt any feelings this is a first come first served offer.

Doc

Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Bob La Londe

Well, I guess I'm the second one to pipe up, but I throw a lot of crank
baits these days.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:10 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 04:09:59 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
sent into the ether:

send them..I have an idea

Oh Oh, I'm afraid to ask. :}

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" wrote in message
Okay every one here's the deal. After following the tread on rusty hooks

and silica gel packs, etc. I checked my crank baits. I
haven't even looked at'em in over a year. Yup some have rusty hooks that

need replacing and some don't. I've decieded they need
to go to some one that will actuall fish them (I've become a soft

plastic/spinnerbait user since moving to Florida). I dumping
them in an old coffee can and I'll send them all to anyone that can use

them (I think I have about 30 or 40). This will free up
sorage space for more SW and soft plastics. So as to not hurt any

feelings this is a first come first served offer.

Doc

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 2nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

You beat Huck by 9 minutes. Send me your snail mail address. Doc

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message ...
send them..I have an idea

Old October 2nd, 2004, 04:54 PM
alwaysfishking

I'm taking Andrews advice, I'll just keep throwing them. I never really
did much with crankbaits But I want to make them a "gotta have one tied on"
lure . I felt the same way with jig's until this year, now you never see me
go out without one tied on

When I was painting my own lures I purchased a lot of split rings and
treble hooks so I'll freshen them up and swing a bunch this fall and next
spring. Thanks again Doc!!!

Old October 2nd, 2004, 06:26 PM
Andrew Kidd

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message

I'm taking Andrews advice, I'll just keep throwing them. I never really
did much with crankbaits But I want to make them a "gotta have one tied
on"
lure . I felt the same way with jig's until this year, now you never see
me
go out without one tied on

When I was painting my own lures I purchased a lot of split rings and
treble hooks so I'll freshen them up and swing a bunch this fall and next
spring. Thanks again Doc!!!

Just remember Randy, the patterns involving crankbaits can be just as
detailed and specific as any other bait. A lot of folks just go slinging
them down a bank, and pay no attention to the details around catching a
bass. They continue down the bank, and don't catch another, and begin to
think that it was a fluke, or that they should immediately switch to another
bait. Paying close attention to that catch can definitely lead you to find
other fish holding on similar cover in similar areas or structure. I am not
advocating leaving fish, just reminding you that because you caught a fish
off a laydown with a crankbait, then slowed down to fish it with a worm,
don't forget to throw a crankbait at the next laydown!...

Good luck. Crankbaits can really perform when used in the right conditions!
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!