Ictheology question

Old August 14th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Norman Lever

Default Ictheology question

Can anyone answer this for me?

Does John Dory (Zeus Faber) have scales or is it scaleless?

Thanks

Old August 15th, 2004, 01:52 PM
waratah

"Norman Lever" wrote in message
Can anyone answer this for me?

Does John Dory (Zeus Faber) have scales or is it scaleless?

Thanks

Sorry I don't know. But what does "Ictheology" mean?

--
* w a r a t a h *

"time wounds all heels"

Old August 16th, 2004, 12:50 PM
AHCHouseboats

The technical description published in Grant Guide to Fishes published in
1975 states "Cheeks and body with non-imbricate scales"... The glossary of
tachnical terms in the same book "Imbricate--Overlapping like roof tiles".
From this I believe that Zeus faberLinnaeus does indeed have scales that
do not overlap. But I do stand to be corrected.

--
Ahoy High Country Houseboats
Heaven in the High Country