fly fishing

Old June 17th, 2004, 08:16 AM
vince....

Default fly fishing

i have recently become interested in fly fishing for trout in northern
tablelands(new south wales),but don't have much of a clue about the
sport,though i have fished productively for years for murray cod in the
area,could anyone give me any tips on getting started with fly fishing?

Old June 22nd, 2004, 07:09 AM
MICROVIEWVIC

I've just got my fly rod out of the shed - its been there 30 yrs - got a new
reel and am keen to get out. The trout I would catch as a kid in Vic were
great fun - you need to stalk them, wait until you see them rise, then place
the fly in front of them and strike as soon as you see them grab it.
I'd suggest get an outfit (rod & reel) that you can afford and go and practise
casting.
Good hunting