John Kerry hates fishing ! ! !

Old October 27th, 2004, 04:11 AM
RGarri7470

Default John Kerry hates fishing ! ! !

I've done a lot of dove hunting in
my life but I can't understand how a "sportsman" could possibly mistake a
kill-deer for a dove.

If you really have seen doves and killdee fly you know they look very similar.
And I have never heard of them being protected.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old October 27th, 2004, 04:13 AM
RGarri7470

Some people can't see the trees for the forest ......... That's enough from
me.

Good - because you are totally wrong.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 27th, 2004, 04:15 AM
RGarri7470

I guess Killdeer are a lot like
Dove...except for the legs, size, color, sound...well, they both can fly.

From this post it is obvious you have never seen a killdee - at least that is
what they are called here in the south. And they look almost exactly like a
dove in flight.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 27th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Calif Bill

The only way it can be interpreted for the USA is bad. Russia was against
it until lately and that is because with their economic downturn, they have
pollution credits to sell to other countries. France is 80% nuclear
electric, and would benefit greatly from oil controls. No controls on China
and if you are in China you never see the sun from all pollution. You
better do a little research on how many jobs would be lost in the USA. May
even shutdown bass fishing from a normal bassboat. No pollution allowed
from non-essential motors because we need all the pollution credits to allow
industry to keep going.
Bill

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
Rodney wanted to post his arguements hoping he would sound well read,
authoritative and go undisputed, bottom line is the Kyoto Protocol can be
interpreted a few different ways, here you go, you can all read it for
yourself, if you would like.
http://unfccc.int/resource/docs/convkp/kpeng.html

"Rodney" . wrote in message
Shawn wrote:
Lawsuits ..... like the Republicans had to do in 2000 to gain the
Whitehouse ?

Why would sportsmen vote for Bush, anyways ?

He "is" a sportsman

Bush is anti-environment. Pollute the air, pollute the water, destroy
wildlife refuges drilling for oil.

He is far from anti environment, but it must be balanced so not to loose
jobs,, Democrats raise all kinds of hell about lost manufacturing jobs,,
these "ridiculous" pollution laws, is the reason most went over seas

By the way, Drilling for oil does not destroy wild life refuges,, I

guess
you don't know much about how they drill for oil "now" ?

Back out of Kyoto.

The Senate refused to sign onto Kyoto, when Clinton was in office, If

you
even had a clue what was/is in that treaty, you would not be defending
it,, It put all the restrictions on the U.S. None on Mexico, Haiti,
China, Russia, None on any South American country, it would have totally
stopped steel making in the US, it would have stopped all metal refining
in the US, and countless other US manufacturing jobs,, but these third
world countries could take these jobs and be under "NO" pollution
regulations. I've read the whole treaty, The Union I belonged to passed
copies out.

Dismantle the EPA from the inside. People focus too much on one issue
like a candidates "stand" on gun ownership

Gun Ownership is why you are still free, it is second only to the

freedom
of speech, it is the number one reason to vote for anyone,, because if

you
still have your guns, "the people" can always throw out a "tyrannical"
government

and forget that electing someone who has no regard for wild places will
ultimately do more to destroy our ability to hunt and fish than banning
fully automatic rifles

HAHAHAHAHAHA,, you really don't know much about what's going on,," New "
full automatic rifles being sold to civilians was banned by Ronald
Reagan,, it was not the Assault weapons ban, which was just dangerous
"looking" guns,,, how many drive by bayoneting were going on it

protected
us from ?

or restricting clip size to 10 shots and less.

Do you have a clue how quick someone can reload another mag in their
pistol,, that law is ridiculous

I've killed over 25 deer in my life - all with a single shot, as I

only
hunt muzzleloader season. Who needs 10 more shots to kill a deer ?

You do not have a constitutional right to deer hunt, The Second

Amendment
has NOTHING IN THE WORLD TO DO WITH HUNTING !!!!!!!!!

Your one of those "Outlaw them all except what I use" people,, England

had
a bunch of you guys, and when they finally came for all the single

shots,
(yep you can't even own a single shot shotgun or rifle in England now),
there was no one left to stop them, or even complain

How are we going to enjoy bass fishing

You have no constitutional right to Bass fish

when corporate polluters are ignored by this administration ?

HArdly, there were millions of dollars of fines paid over the last 4

years
by polluters

Some people can't see the trees for the forest .........

Man you sure can't,, you've been brainwashed
That's enough from

Get off your duff and find out for yourself what is really going on,,
don't believe "either" side of these issues, read what our founding
fathers wrote about the right to bear arms and why they put it in the
constitution

Find out about today's oil wells, and how they don't interfere nor

pollute
the environment

Read the Kyoto Treaty, and see how it only regulates the industrialized
nations, and how it will cost US jobs, at least now the US steel mills
have pollution control equipment,, when they built those mills

everywhere
else in the world (to keep up with the lost supply from shut down mills

in
the US ) they won't have to have them, and instead of making the world
better, it will end up worst
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old October 27th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Shawn

I said at the end of my first post on this subject "that's enough from me"
..... but after reading Rodney's assinine responses to my points, I feel
compelled to respond once again, but this time WILL be the last time, no
matter what ridiculous dribble he spews ..... because as someone said
earlier about this thread, and rightly so, this is a recreational bass
fishing newsgroup .....

Lawsuits ..... like the Republicans had to do in 2000 to gain the
Whitehouse ?
Why would sportsmen vote for Bush, anyways ?

He "is" a sportsman

I'm not necessarily a John Kerry fan. There are many things I disagree with
him about, but one is generally left choosing from the lesser of 2 evils in
a presidential election, so lets be fair here ........ John Kerry also hunts
and fishes, so what makes Bush any more of a sportsman than Kerry ?

Bush is anti-environment. Pollute the air, pollute the water, destroy
wildlife refuges drilling for oil.

He is far from anti environment, but it must be balanced so not to loose
jobs,, Democrats raise all kinds of hell about lost manufacturing jobs,
these "ridiculous" pollution laws, is the reason most went over seas

These "ridiculous" pollution laws are why we can still drink water from our
lakes, swim and fish in them, and breathe the air without worry (in most
places - but then look at Los Angeles during a still day). My brother is
sponsoring a 12-year-old girl from Korea on a student exchange trip for one
year. She's year in Vermont staying with his family and going to school for
a year with his daughter, my neice. We took her out on my boat this summer
and she went swimming in a real lake for the first time. We tubed,
water-skied, and we caught some panfish in Lake Bomoseen. She was
absolutely astounded that we could 1) get in the water without fearing for
our health, and 2) catch actual fish from the lake that were clean and could
be eaten. That's because that lake is not ringed with factories spewing
pollution without any type of responsible control and restrictions. She
said the lakes in Korea are destroyed. I agree that health of the
environment needs to be balanced with health of an economy, but Bush has
made steps in completely the opposite direction. Once again, I believe Bush
has no regard for the health of the environment or wild places in this
country.

By the way, Drilling for oil does not destroy wild life refuges, I guess
you don't know much about how they drill for oil "now" ?

Proclaiming that new technology for drilling for oil does not destroy
wildlife refuges completely misses the point. You should look up what a
"refuge" means. Refuges are areas of land and waters setup to protect
wildlife and wildlife habitat from development. You can't drill oil without
getting equipment there, so that means roads. You can't drill oil without
getting that oil out. So that means pipelines. The mere presence of those
things goes against everything wildlife refuges are about, regardless of
whether the actual act of drilling is done in some new technologically
advanced way.

Go to this link for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge,
http://arctic.fws.gov/ where Bush was proposing to drill for oil, and look
at the picture on the front page. Now imagine an oil rig in the middle of
that picture, roads and pipelines leading to and from it, and heavy
equipment driving around.

If you think for one minute that drilling in this wonderful, wild place
would not destroy the aesthetic beauty and inherent value of keeping that
place wild as it's been for hundreds of thousands of years, you're out of
your mind.

Back out of Kyoto.

The Senate refused to sign onto Kyoto, when Clinton was in office, If you
even had a clue what was/is in that treaty, you would not be defending
it,, It put all the restrictions on the U.S. None on Mexico, Haiti,
China, Russia, None on any South American country, it would have
totally stopped steel making in the US, it would have stopped all
metal refining in the US, and countless other US manufacturing jobs, but
these third world countries could take these jobs and be under "NO"
pollution regulations. I've read the whole treaty, The Union I belonged
to passed copies out.

Maybe you should go back and read it again. It's all about technology and
credits and who "can" and "cannot" substantially decrease pollution outputs.
First world developed countries have the technology and the money to do so,
which is why we are expected to do so in the Accord, and then sell the
unused credits to countries who cannot. And furthermore, it did not take
away any expectations from the other countries to continue developing the
technologies to reduce their pollution emissions in the future.

People focus too much on one issue like a candidates "stand" on gun
ownership

Gun Ownership is why you are still free, it is second only to the freedom
of speech, it is the number one reason to vote for anyone,, because if you
still have your guns, "the people" can always throw out a "tyrannical"
government

Once again, read and comprehend what I write, don't just react. I am a gun
owner. But I don't need fully automatic rifles to enjoy using them for
hunting, which is why I own guns. I don't own guns so one day I can stand
up and fight the government. Maybe you should move to some compound in
Montana and join a cult, if you feel like someday rising up and fighting the
biggest military machine in the world with your little guns. Guns are why
we are still free ?? You're the one starting to sound tyrannical. Maybe
you should have been born 150 years ago when guns WERE needed to be free.

and forget that electing someone who has no regard for wild places will
ultimately do more to destroy our ability to hunt and fish than banning
fully automatic rifles

HAHAHAHAHAHA,, you really don't know much about what's going on,," New "
full automatic rifles being sold to civilians was banned by Ronald
Reagan,, it was not the Assault weapons ban, which was just dangerous
"looking" guns,,, how many drive by bayoneting were going on it protected
us from ?

The above sentence is so poorly contructed I can't even begin to comprehend
just exactly what point you are trying to make.

or restricting clip size to 10 shots and less.

Do you have a clue how quick someone can reload another mag in their
pistol,, that law is ridiculous
I've killed over 25 deer in my life - all with a single shot, as I only
hunt muzzleloader
season. Who needs 10 more shots to kill a deer ?

You do not have a constitutional right to deer hunt, The Second Amendment
has NOTHING IN THE WORLD TO DO WITH HUNTING !!!!!!!!!

Again, this was never about the constitution. Yes, I have the "right to
bear arms" .... but for what ? For hunting, for my purposes anyways.
Again, if you want to go out west and join some compound and cult, go for
it. But we're not living in Cuba and I don't need to fight my government at
that level. If I did, I would lose anyways, regardless of how many
military-style guns I have stashed in the closet.

Sigh ...... I thought I'd get through it, but I just don't have the stomach
to go any further attempting to converse with some tyrannical militant who
thinks his government is coming to get him ......

Old October 27th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Illinois Fisherman

Default That settle it for me thanks!!!!

Gee Steve, You must have us confused with rec.boats.

"steve burison" wrote in message
Wow
I have been reading and paying attention to those issues I personally care
about for months and one day I check the bass fishing newsgroup and lo and
behold the answer is right there!

Go Figure! Well off to the voter's booth for me.

steve

"Karl-Hugo Weesberg" wrote in message
om...
If you vote for Kerry, he will ban fishing forever !

So better vote for George W.Bush, because Bush LOVES fishing !

B U S H !

Old October 27th, 2004, 02:24 PM
mhood

I'd sure hate to be a mallard when you're out hunting wood ducks :-) Yea, I've
seen a few killdeer (killdee is the sound they make) in my time and they do not
look "almost exactly like a dove in flight"... not a surprising mistake from a
fellow who can't tell an Osama from a Saddam though.

RGarri7470 wrote:

I guess Killdeer are a lot like
Dove...except for the legs, size, color, sound...well, they both can fly.

From this post it is obvious you have never seen a killdee - at least that is