Selling off national forest and national parks? TU alert

Old November 15th, 2005, 11:49 PM
JR

Default Selling off national forest and national parks? TU alert

Bill McKee wrote:

That is a large supposition that AGore's election would have prevented 9/11
and all it's extra costs, as well as AGore not having his spending program.

rest of childishly illiterate blather snipped

Who said anything about preventing 9/11?

What is certain is that Gore would not have instituted massive tax cuts
weighted overwhelmingly in favor of the rich.

Nor would he have waged an unprovoked, hugely expensive war of
aggression, thereby losing us our allies, diverting us from the real war
on terror following 9/11, and entrapping us in a ruinous, totally
unnecessary occupation of an Arab nation.

On the other hand, there is no reason to believe Gore wouldn't have had
a spending program every bit as fiscally responsible as Clinton's, one
that resulted in massive surpluses.

Old November 15th, 2005, 11:51 PM
JR

Mike Connor wrote:

Hell, I live more or less on the other side of the world, and even I know
that Clinton is no longer president, so what is the point in discussing his
shortcomings?

Well, for what it's worth, I think both Helmut Kohl and Maggie Thatcher
sucked big time....

JR
(and don't get me started on Giscard d'Estaing or Suharto....)
Old November 16th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Mike Connor

"JR" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Mike Connor wrote:

Hell, I live more or less on the other side of the world, and even I know
that Clinton is no longer president, so what is the point in discussing
his shortcomings?

Well, for what it's worth, I think both Helmut Kohl and Maggie Thatcher
sucked big time....

JR
(and don't get me started on Giscard d'Estaing or Suharto....)

Doubtless correct, but they stopped publicly sucking some considerable while
ago, and are thus more or less consigned to the dross of yesteryear. If
Helmut gets a blowjob now, most would merely be thankful that he was at
least not sticking his corrupt nose, or whatever, into politics.

Canīt some of you get together and finance a blow job for Georgie? Might
solve an awful lot of problems?

TL
MC

Old November 16th, 2005, 12:13 AM
JR

Mike Connor wrote:

Canīt some of you get together and finance a blow job for Georgie? Might
solve an awful lot of problems?

Ah ha! .... a solution that has occurred to others as well:

http://tinyurl.com/cs4wd

Old November 16th, 2005, 12:28 AM
rw

Mike Connor wrote:

Do you still go fishing? Perhaps you should?

In the past few days you've posted about musical instruments, song
lyrics, static cling, and Irish mental health, among other
non-fishing-related topics. All of those topics bore me to tears, so
please spare me the sanctimonious BS about off-topic posts.

Old November 16th, 2005, 12:32 AM
rw

Bill McKee wrote:

If we had a surplus the National Debt would not go down unless we paid off
some of the bonds. But also the National Debt would not have gone up as we
would not have had to borrow money. Now where was this surplus? Other than
projected 10 years hence?

I hope to God you're not an accountant, because you have no idea what
budget "deficit" and "surplus" mean.

http://www.uuforum.org/deficit.htm

You're merely regurgitating deliberately misleading talking points from
Rush Limbaugh.

Old November 16th, 2005, 12:44 AM
David Snedeker

"Mike Connor" wrote in message

It is not my place to comment on what might be appropriate, or what might
not.

I would merely like to know what you hope to achieve? You must have some
reason for publishing your views here, what is it?

Do you wish to convert others to your point of view? Do you imagine that
nobody else is frustrated or disgusted at what goes on in the world? Quite
irrespective of their individual leanings or beliefs.

Presumably, many go fishing, or do other things, like discussing it, or
related matters, or indeed completely unrelated matters, in order to

escape
just such unfortunate realities, as they know full well that they can not
affect them, or at best only marginally, and not by posting their views on
such things to relatively obscure theme related newsgroups.

Do you still go fishing? Perhaps you should?

TL
MC

Nag, nag,
Nag, nag,
Nag, nag, nag.

Jesus Connors you are sounding like a pubescent net nanny.
You think I got all day to read you complaining about me, complaining about
Wolfgang, complaining about me, complaining about . . . Oh whats the use.
You probably won't stop until I write you a poem and then who knows where
that will end. Oh I know what You want, you want to trick this whole NG into
a becoming a German Language NG. I can hear it in your tone. Thats it, isn't
it? Well its just not going to happen.

Dave
Ideology saugen

Old November 16th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Mike Connor

"rw" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
nk.net...
Mike Connor wrote:

Do you still go fishing? Perhaps you should?

In the past few days you've posted about musical instruments, song lyrics,
static cling, and Irish mental health, among other non-fishing-related
topics. All of those topics bore me to tears, so please spare me the
sanctimonious BS about off-topic posts.

I fear you are in error. I was not complaining about off topic posts, a
manifestly pointless exercise on this newsgroup. In fact, it might well be
that this is one of the few subjects on which one might just possibly obtain
almost universal agreement, although I would not bank on that either. I was
merely trying to find out the aims being pursued in such posts, as they are
by no means obvious.

Sanctimonious?

Yeah well, that would presuppose that your estimate of my motives was
correct, which it is not, and that more or less precludes anything else you
write as a result of your incorect estimate being correct.

Life is only hard if you donīt weaken.

TL
MC

Old November 16th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Mike Connor

"David Snedeker" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..
SNIP
Nag, nag,
Nag, nag,
Nag, nag, nag.

Jesus Connors you are sounding like a pubescent net nanny.
You think I got all day to read you complaining about me, complaining
about
Wolfgang, complaining about me, complaining about . . . Oh whats the use.
You probably won't stop until I write you a poem and then who knows where
that will end. Oh I know what You want, you want to trick this whole NG
into
a becoming a German Language NG. I can hear it in your tone. Thats it,
isn't
it? Well its just not going to happen.

Dave
Ideology saugen

Scheisse! Erwischt! Ich kann aber echt gut noergeln was?

PH
MC

Old November 16th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Wolfgang

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

You are the idiot.

We'll see.

I use to race cars.

Oh? What, specifically, is it that you use to race cars? Is it something
that resembles cars, perchance? Are you going to TELL us what it is you use
to race cars......or do we have to guess until we get it? Any hints?

But I kept enough insurance to repair me if I got broke.

Actually, I think you overpaid on your premiums......grossly.

I do not speak of the normal hazards of life, I speak of those done by
choice.

Ah! Then we are to take it that whatever it is you use to race cars is one
of the normal hazards of life? Is it......um......a pogo stick, perhaps?
Or is it what Stevie thinks your hands are holding? Is it bigger than a
breadbox? Does it smell funny?

And overspending on your credit cards for the pleasures of life is one of
those.

O.k., I opt for the pogo stick. I mean, none of the other choices makes any
sense at all.......right?

It is not the person who lost his job and is paying for groceries with the
credit card while looking for a new job, or someone who becomes ill and
tries to pay for it on the card, until later.

Uh.......what isn't? Have you been drinking?......or driving, for that
matter? You shouldn't.

It is the people who have run up $50k- to 500k on the card, for vacations,
jewelry, etc.

Well, this is getting just a bit weird. WHAT is those people? And,
shouldn't it be "are"? I mean, how much people are we talking about here?
Are these REAL people?......or do they have breasts?

These are the ones affected by the new BK laws.

Burger King has laws?!! Are these (or "this".....I really don't know
anymore) widely applicable?......or is it only those with whoppers.....say,
dicklet, for example.....that need to be concerned? Should *I* be paying
for all this?......or should Marx? Have any species been exterminated in
the process?.....or is it just engineers?.....or PhDs? Where ARE your
hands, anyway?

Wolfgang
this is all starting to look just a bit disgusting......even for roff!