To da Joisey Boyze

Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default To da Joisey Boyze

Hey youse guys:
To help you understand the ruckus you are causing here, let me put it
another way.

Imagine that you guys are all sitting around telling your stories,
having lots of little fun converstations, and making your rules to
guide your little chats. Lets even imagine that you are doing it
electronically, through a membership-driven chat group. Fine.

Then suddenly, some system administrator decides that he wants to make
it seem like MORE people are involved in your little group. So he does
the equivalent of stick a microphone in the middle of your room and
broadcast your little membership-driven chat over a loudspeaker for
another whole group to hear.

Considering that the whole other group (USENET) has its own procotols,
etiquitte, rules, social dynamics, etc., your sudden appearance there
is, to say the least, invasive. Some of the rules of USENET are not
just tradition...they are driven by the structure of the format, and
the fact that many people worldwide have to pay for access, and pay
for downloading stuff. For example, we don't post binaries here
(pictures) because the files are too big. We don't post word documents
here because they don't show. We also don't do several other things
for various reasons. Its your job to find out what those things
are...which is hard if you think you're still all alone in your little
chat group in New Jersey.

Whether you like it or not, your stupid site admin stuck that stupid
microphone right in the middle of your chat group and is broadcasting
your site here. We don't mind if some, or all, of you want to join
USENET...as long as you realize that its NOT the New Jersey Flyfishing
forum.

So far, polite requests to have the damn microphone removed have
failed. Things on rofft have gotten slightly ugly, with name calling,
etc. One of the traditions here on roff is that we reserve the OT,
chit chat and namecalling bull**** to roff and preserve rofft for On
Topic and helpful stuff. So you're stepping all over that.

So help us help you: contact your sysadmin and have him unlink USENET
from your chat group. Those of you who want to broaden your horizons,
come join roff.

But remember...your little in-house conversations are being broadcast
all over the world, in other people's houses, and you don't get to
make all the rules.

--riverman
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 2, 9:00*pm, riverman wrote:
Hey youse guys:
To help you understand the ruckus you are causing here, let me put it
another way.

What remains of ROFF is largely a bunch of self, and American-centred
idiots who if they had any regard for international users would long
ago have ceased misusing the group in such a manner. Accusing others
of causing disruption while actively engaging in a particularly
abusive variation of it merely shoes how stupid they are.

This group was more or less dead in the water before these guys
started posting here, and I for one would rather have the Jersey guys
posting here than you lot.

Up to now this group was pleasant enough. Fortenberry , LaCourse and
others kept their potty mouthed ignorance mainly to ROFF.

Whatīs up? Not enough newbies or other innocents there to upset and
abuse?

Stay on ROFF, or post about flies here, and you will have no
problems. Apart from which, there is nothing you can do about it
anyway.

Mike Connor

http://www.mike1.bplaced.net/Wikka/HomePage
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 2-Aug-2008, riverman wrote:

One of the traditions here on roff is that we reserve the OT,
chit chat and namecalling bull**** to roff and preserve rofft for On
Topic and helpful stuff. So you're stepping all over that.

This is definitely NOT true!
I have tried unsuccessfully to make the point about several posts and
particaularly one poster who does not have the courtesy to post about
pplitical topics as OT
So OT on topic on ROFF this means very little if nothing at all
so Jersey boys - welcome and post away

Fred
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rick[_7_]

wrote in message
On Aug 2, 9:00 pm, riverman wrote:
Hey youse guys:
To help you understand the ruckus you are causing here, let me put it
another way.

What remains of ROFF is largely a bunch of self, and American-centred
idiots who if they had any regard for international users would long
ago have ceased misusing the group in such a manner. Accusing others
of causing disruption while actively engaging in a particularly
abusive variation of it merely shoes how stupid they are.

Mike Connor

Good god, this ass clown is still here??

Rick

Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 2-Aug-2008, "Rick" wrote:

Mike Connor

Good god, this ass clown is still here??

Rick

He may be a clown in some ways but he does know his stuff and he can be
quite helpful
Agreed - Mike is nuts but so are some others on tthis list.

Moi? NON!

Fred
Old August 3rd, 2008, 02:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"Rick" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Aug 2, 9:00 pm, riverman wrote:
Hey youse guys:
To help you understand the ruckus you are causing here, let me put it
another way.

What remains of ROFF is largely a bunch of self, and American-centred
idiots who if they had any regard for international users would long
ago have ceased misusing the group in such a manner. Accusing others
of causing disruption while actively engaging in a particularly
abusive variation of it merely shoes how stupid they are.

Mike Connor

Good god, this ass clown is still here??

Rick

Now that's just wrong, Rick. You have disparaged ass clowns by linking them
to Mikey Conner. Besides, Mikey Conner is really more of a ****-maggot than
a mere ass clown.

Oh yeah, is enrages Mikey when you misspell his last name, so don't make
such a careless error!

Op

Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Op

Are you looking for a tirade?
Let sleeping **** lelie

Fred
Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 4:15*am, "Fred" wrote:
Op

Are you looking for a tirade?
Let sleeping **** lelie

Fred

Donīt worry Fred, itīs not worth the bother.

Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

IMHO

I would rather have Mike Connor around than a few others on ROFF
He is friggin'. nuts be he does sometimes give out good and pertinent info
His tirades and multiple posts within a minute of ea other however show you
the full extent of his lunacy

But aren't we all nuts?

Fred
Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Fred" wrote in message
But aren't we all nuts?

Fred

essentially, Fred, you have hit the nail on the head. Connor never quite got
that part.....
Tom