Bluegill Favorites?

Old February 22nd, 2004, 01:51 PM
Skip Summer

Default Bluegill Favorites?

Favorite bluegill flies?
Best color combinations?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks Skip
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:12 PM
Hooked

"Tim J." wrote in message
news:tO5_b.100208$uV3.579681@attbi_s51...

Better yet, http://gula.org/roffswaps/swap.php?page=BG2003&id=11
--

There' a fly I use that is tied kind of "Thundercreek" style but I add
rubber legs to it. I tie it on size 10-6 dry fly hooks. I'll post a pic to
a.b.p.f.

Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:17 AM
Big Dale

Skip wrote:Favorite bluegill flies?
Best color combinations?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks Skip

1.Yellow foam spider, or gurgler when they will take something on top in
Yellow, chartreuse, or purple.

2. Red Ass soft hackle tied to the rear of the foam spider.

3. Green Weenie in chartreuse of course.

4. Cap Spider in black, olive, brown or chartreuse. When you need to get the
jig down to where the big ones live.

big Dale
Old February 23rd, 2004, 03:17 PM
DaveMohnsen

"Big Dale" wrote in message
Skip wrote:Favorite bluegill flies?
Best color combinations?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks Skip

(some Big Dale stuff snipped)

2. Red Ass soft hackle tied to the rear of the foam spider.

big Dale

Hi Big Dale,
The above combination is deadly for bluegills out here when I go into my
bluegill mode during Spring runoff. I just tie tippet to the bend of the
hook of the foam bug and then tie the red ass soft hackle to that. Length
of that tippet varies based on mood of the 'gills and where I'm fishing.
(just kinda the standard dropper system I mostly use for trout also)
Thanks for reminding me. . . looked at my 'gill box. Gotta tie up some
more.
BestWishes,
DaveMohnsen
Denver

Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Big Dale

Dave wrote:2. Red Ass soft hackle tied to the rear of the foam spider.

big Dale

Hi Big Dale,
The above combination is deadly for bluegills out here when I go into my
bluegill mode during Spring runoff. I just tie tippet to the bend of the
hook of the foam bug and then tie the red ass soft hackle to that. Length
of that tippet varies based on mood of the 'gills and where I'm fishing.
(just kinda the standard dropper system I mostly use for trout also)
Thanks for reminding me. . . looked at my 'gill box. Gotta tie up some
more.
BestWishes,
DaveMohnsen
Denver

You might try tying a few using red wire for the abdomen. sometimes I like it
better.

Big Dale