New Website & Forum Welsh Fishing Venues

Old April 14th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Neo-1

Default New Website & Forum Welsh Fishing Venues

Hello all I have recently launched a new web site to promote welsh fishing
venues, i'm looking for details information on welsh venues , and of course
members for the site, please take a look and let me know your views. the
site is at http://www.fish4wales.com.

Thanks

Nick

Old April 23rd, 2004, 12:35 PM
riverman

"Neo-1" wrote in message
Hello all I have recently launched a new web site to promote welsh fishing
venues, i'm looking for details information on welsh venues , and of

course
members for the site, please take a look and let me know your views. the
site is at http://www.fish4wales.com.

Thanks

Nick

Looks potentially interesting. Get it up and running soon, as I am planning
on coming to Wales for some fishing in June!! One suggestion: many of us
don't know where places are in Wales, so instead of a list of towns and
venues, provide an interactive map of Wales showing the rivers and town that
we click on instead. It also would help show regions where multiple streams
were available.

If you wanted to get even fancier, have optional 'overlays' for the map: an
overlay with links to various places to stay (B&Bs, guest cottages, etc);
another with roads or railways (so we can compare driving distances/times);
maybe one that just featured trout streams, another one that featured the
waters you can fish on any given permit (the Why and Usk passport system,
for example).

But mostly, have a map that shows the location of the different venues,
please.

--riverman

Old April 23rd, 2004, 02:59 PM
Dave Lane

In message
"riverman" wrote:

"Neo-1" wrote in message
Hello all I have recently launched a new web site to promote welsh fishing
venues, i'm looking for details information on welsh venues , and of

course
members for the site, please take a look and let me know your views. the
site is at http://www.fish4wales.com.

Thanks

Nick

Looks potentially interesting. Get it up and running soon, as I am planning
on coming to Wales for some fishing in June!! One suggestion: many of us
don't know where places are in Wales, so instead of a list of towns and
venues, provide an interactive map of Wales showing the rivers and town that
we click on instead. It also would help show regions where multiple streams
were available.

I've got a few threadbare pages about the lakes and rivers around Bethesda,
up in N.Wales, near Bangor. One of these days, I keep meaning to redo
them all.... ho ho...

http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/dlane/fishing/

and a link to the local AA site;

http://users.tinyworld.co.uk/joeyjon...ovaa/index.htm

Nice little river, with some of the most picturesque lakes in the country..

cheers,

.... Salvation is only a Beer Bottle away...
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Handy Andy

When you get ur site organised !! do let us know.
In the meantime, this is still the best Welsh Sea Finging info site -
http://www.nwsa.ukf.net/

tight lines