Fly tying Kits

Old May 7th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Keith Smith

Default Fly tying Kits

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a decent flytying kit (in Uk). I've got £50 -
£70 to spend??
Thanks for any advice.

Keith
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Mike Connor

"Keith Smith" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a decent flytying kit (in Uk). I've got £50 -
£70 to spend??
Thanks for any advice.

Keith

There are one or two reasonable kits available, but most are not very good.
Also you have to know exactly what you wish to dress. If you are
contemplating buying a kit, then you obviously do not know this.

Best to choose a few flies you want to tie, and obtain the tools and
materials necessary for this.

If you give us an idea where you fish, what for, and what patterns you use,
it would be a lot easier to advise you accordingly.

TL
MC

Old May 8th, 2004, 04:09 AM
Kevin

Bass Pro Shops has several good kits to get started. One for trout,
panfish, bass, sal****er, and one for jigs. They come with a vise, several
other tools, material, and a pretty good tape (VHS) showing step by step.
They range from $39 to $49.

Old May 11th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Sierra fisher

I agree with Mike. Aof the fly tying kits that I have seen suck. As mike
suggested, select a few flies to start with, and tie the materials and
equipment to tie them. Later pick out another fly or two, and get some more
materials. You will be doing this anyway if you buy a kit. In a very
short time, you will find that the kit doesn't have what you need. Also,
the equiment in kits is very cheap, and you will be replacing it shortly.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Keith Smith" wrote in message
Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a decent flytying kit (in Uk). I've got £50 -
£70 to spend??
Thanks for any advice.

Keith

---