Annual Get Together.

Old January 19th, 2006, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default Annual Get Together.

Can we give some thought to the Annual get together for the Brenig Mob. (And
any others who wish to join in).

Is it to be Brenig again or somewhere else?

If Brenig, it would be better to go earlier when it is more productive.

I hope we get a better turnout this year.

Cheers,

Reg

Old January 23rd, 2006, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In message
"Reg Sweetmore" wrote:

Can we give some thought to the Annual get together for the Brenig Mob. (And
any others who wish to join in).

Is it to be Brenig again or somewhere else?

If Brenig, it would be better to go earlier when it is more productive.

I hope we get a better turnout this year.

Funnily enough, I was just thinking about this the other day, when
chatting to my good friend Jordan. I have asked her to come along this
year in case our antipodean mascot can't make it, but as this probably
won't appeal to the more senior members (Reg, Bill, Alec) I have also
asked Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth Bucket) to come along and cater for
thier needs. Oo-er.....

--

.... Monday is the root of all evil!
Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Funnily enough, I was just thinking about this the other day, when
chatting to my good friend Jordan. I have asked her to come along
this
year in case our antipodean mascot can't make it, but as this probably
won't appeal to the more senior members (Reg, Bill, Alec) I have also
asked Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth Bucket) to come along and cater for
thier needs. Oo-er.....

Oh I see. Now it's time for the other plonker to say his piece is it?
Even YOU would not know what to do if the silicon appendages of the
above mentioned young lady were around yer ears.
As for Mr Lawson his belly would stop him getting too near her anyway.
Where's it to be any way? Brenig again, or,( looking at the admirable
place mat provided by Mr Grey from Llandegfedd in 1999), how about South
Wales for a change?
Just an idea..........
[from he, who if you gave him a bottle of Scotch would probably put it
in his rad as antifreeze}
--
Alec Powell
Watlington Oxon. UK

Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Thus spoke "Alec Powell"

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Funnily enough, I was just thinking about this the other day, when
chatting to my good friend Jordan. I have asked her to come along this
year in case our antipodean mascot can't make it, but as this probably
won't appeal to the more senior members (Reg, Bill, Alec) I have also
asked Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth Bucket) to come along and cater for
thier needs. Oo-er.....

Oh I see. Now it's time for the other plonker to say his piece is it?
Even YOU would not know what to do if the silicon appendages of the above
mentioned young lady were around yer ears.
As for Mr Lawson his belly would stop him getting too near her anyway.

Hang on a minute... Just one of her breasts is bigger than my belly!

Anyhow, I think I'd prefer a cup of tea!

Where's it to be any way? Brenig again, or,( looking at the admirable
place mat provided by Mr Grey from Llandegfedd in 1999), how about South
Wales for a change?
Just an idea..........

Could be a possibility. Tents again?

BTW... Doesn't matter where the venue is, I can blank anywhere.

--
Andy Lawson

Old January 24th, 2006, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Anywhere will do for me as I am a free agent.
I was just looking at 'EYEBROOK' which is a great reservoir, but
accomodation seems to be a problem!
It would have to be an Hotel I think.
Would it be OK if I could sort out some Accomodation?
I think Llandegfedd would also be OK.
I think I am getting too old for tents, although I have all the gear and
would have a go.
I am willing to share my tent with a nice young female.
Cheers,
Diamonds

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Where's it to be any way? Brenig again, or,( looking at the admirable
place mat provided by Mr Grey from Llandegfedd in 1999), how about South
Wales for a change?
Just an idea..........

Could be a possibility. Tents again?

I was thinking more along the lines of the hotel we stayed at in 1999.
Bill did all the arranging then so he would be best to tell us about it.
I'm easy and will go just about anywhere to blank and be insulted, (I've
got used to it over the years)
How does Reg and Dave fell about a change of venue? (and of course, anyone
else who might be interested ).
IIRC last year we had it all in place, (boats and accommodation), by the
middle of February.
I personally might be going up to the Bethesda area in the spring,
(ostensibly to visit some friends but mainly to have a bash at Ogwen/Idwal
and whatever the other one is called). This of course depends on SWMBO :-)
As for the Windrush this year I hope to make more visits! Mr Lawson - you
know why evening trips are a bit difficult for me. Try getting up at 04:00
every day! Still we live in hope!
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell
Watlington Oxon. UK

Old January 24th, 2006, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

[...]

I can get up at 04:00!

Not my fault if you've never asked me to go fishing early ;o)

--
Andy Lawson

PS
If you do ask me.... give me some warning (

Old January 24th, 2006, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Alec Powell
writes
I was thinking more along the lines of the hotel we stayed at in 1999.
Bill did all the arranging then so he would be best to tell us about it.

I made some enquires from people that knew the area and that was what
they came up with - the Commodore if I remember correctly.

I don't like the area myself and I know it's a means to an end, but
Betws y Coed in comparison is superb.

I thought the rooms in the Commodore were excellent and the staff very
obliging especially when the manager provided loads of ice so that
Dave's Psychology pal (I forget his name now) could take trout back to
N.Wales.

I do remember the splendid weather we had the day AFTER the fishing
though !

I have to admit to not doing much fishing at all these days - too much
on my plate with other activities.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old January 24th, 2006, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
I can get up at 04:00!

So can I and 04.30, - 05.00 and again at 05.30 if necessary :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old January 25th, 2006, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In message
Alec Powell wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Funnily enough, I was just thinking about this the other day

[snip]
Oo-er.....

Oh I see. Now it's time for the other plonker to say his piece is it?
Even YOU would not know what to do if the silicon appendages of the
above mentioned young lady were around yer ears.

I'd use a snorkel...

--
.... I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
Old January 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

Hang on a minute... Just one of her breasts is bigger than my belly!

rotflmao, you're kidding no-one but yerself

Anyhow, I think I'd prefer a cup of tea!

see what I mean... 'Hyacinth!'
--

.... Earthquakes are Earth's way of saying, WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!