The Royalty Fishery Christchurch

Old October 20th, 2005, 07:43 PM
reg

Default The Royalty Fishery Christchurch

Yet another water slips through Christchurch Angling Clubs grips !!!

" When the original lease was constructed 5 yearly Landlords / Tenants
break clauses were incorporated as a safety net for both sides if things did
not work out.

My understanding is that some months ago an unsolicited offer for the
fishery was received for the fishery to our landlords. They then decided to
operate the break clause and ask the interested parties to submit a tender
for the lease by 19 August 2005. After deliberation the club made a very
robust offer for the lease.

Last Friday I was telephoned and told that we had lost. The name of the new
lease holder was not released to me but I was told that day tickets would
still be available and that members would be "looked after". This change
will take place on the 18 March 2006.

I still have not received any written communication.

I personally, and the club are very disappointed that the stewardship of
this historic fishery may pass to a non Christchurch based organisation. "

Old October 21st, 2005, 01:36 PM
fox66

I take that as "looked after" like members were "looked after" when the club
lost Rockford and other lakes overnight, I wonder if the membership as a
whole will be told about this before the 2006 subscriptions are due?