New England flooding

Old October 16th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Tim J.

Default New England flooding

Although the water was higher yesterday, I didn't have my camera. Today
we went back with camera in hand. This one photo pretty much tells the
tale: http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/100_0890b.jpg

The water normally flows only on the far right-hand side on those trees.
Awesome to watch; hell to be caught up in, I'm sure.
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 17th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Wayne Knight

"Tim J." wrote in message
. ..

The water normally flows only on the far right-hand side on those trees.
Awesome to watch; hell to be caught up in, I'm sure.

Is that where I think it is, damn ain't mommy nature impressive?

Old October 17th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Cyli

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:25:24 -0400, "Tim J."
wrote:

Although the water was higher yesterday, I didn't have my camera. Today
we went back with camera in hand. This one photo pretty much tells the
tale: http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/100_0890b.jpg

The water normally flows only on the far right-hand side on those trees.
Awesome to watch; hell to be caught up in, I'm sure.

Eeek! Yes, hell to be caught up in. Only chance would be to go for
the trees and hang on tight. If one were still conscious.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old October 17th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Tim J.

Wayne Knight wrote:
"Tim J." wrote in message
. ..

The water normally flows only on the far right-hand side on those
trees. Awesome to watch; hell to be caught up in, I'm sure.

Is that where I think it is, damn ain't mommy nature impressive?

I'm not sure. The Swift is running normal because of the controlled
flow: http://tinyurl.com/7kj88 You can see the spikes when they let the
water out of the Quabbin.
The Wa http://tinyurl.com/8qq3v
and the Quaboag: http://tinyurl.com/dpx7h
are running very high and join the Swift at Three Rivers (who thought of
THAT name?) to form the Chicopee: http://tinyurl.com/9myux
The photo was taken at a place called "Red Bridge". For those who like
Google Earth or other such toys, I was standing at about 42 deg. 10'
39.53"N and 72 deg. 24' 33.37W looking west. On Google Earth, that land
mass that looks like a left-hand mitten is in the center of my photo.
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 17th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Mike

Same here in Ct Timmmmaaaayyyyyyy........2 deaths due to drowning one
was a friend of my wifes daughters boyfriends aunt slipped and fell
into Diana's pool on the Natchaug River 54 years old the other a 75
year old man drove into an area that is usually dry but wasn't got
stuck and climbed out gone found him 200 feet from the
truck.......Maybe it's just me but since I have been flyfishing I have
alot more respect for the power of water........The Willimantic River
runs about a 1/4 mile behind my house about have way there are railroad
tracks they were under water Saturday......I-91was closed in Winsor due
to water over the road.....Most backroads in my area that have bridges
were closed plus alot of the main roads rte 32 in Stafford was shut
down about a mile from the FF only area.....A years supply of water in
9 days they said.....

Old October 17th, 2005, 01:00 PM
GaryM

"Tim J." wrote in
:

Although the water was higher yesterday, I didn't have my camera.
Today we went back with camera in hand. This one photo pretty much
tells the tale: http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/100_0890b.jpg

Thanks for the pic Tim. I took a ride over to the Stillwater in West
Boylston on Saturday. It was a few feet below the iron grid bridge on
Dana Street. I regret not bringing my camera. Interestingly there were
a few die hard spin-fishermen there. I am sure thousands of salmon got
up in this deluge though.
Old October 17th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Tim J.

Tim J. typed:
Although the water was higher yesterday, I didn't have my camera.
Today we went back with camera in hand. This one photo pretty much
tells the tale: http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/100_0890b.jpg

I got a few more photos off my camera today, for anyone interested in some
high-water pics.
http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/flood2005/
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 17th, 2005, 04:36 PM
riverman

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.

Open the css.sbcma.com home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

Old October 17th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Tim J.

riverman typed:
The page cannot be found

Hmmm. . . works fine for me. Anyone else having issues?
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 17th, 2005, 06:32 PM
JR

Tim J. wrote:
riverman typed:

The page cannot be found

Hmmm. . . works fine for me. Anyone else having issues?

I'm convinced my folks loved my brother more than me, but it doesn't
appear to be affecting your page......