The Big Bailout (OT, or not)

Old September 27th, 2008, 03:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika[_2_]

Default The Big Bailout (OT, or not)

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message

Yeah, but it was fun for a few milliseconds. d;o)

I was thinking more in the lines of one full day in September
I think it was a Thursday. Is that feasible?
I am only saying this because I wish I had taken that day off
and it would have been perfect timing.

mk5000

"Oh damn
The club 'bout to close in a minute"--mariah carey

Old September 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Sep 24, 9:29*pm, Tim Lysyk wrote:
riverman wrote:
Just got this in the email. Food for thought...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*---------
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We
Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
U.S.
Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and
child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ *into $85 billion that equals
$425,000.00.

I think your math is off.

85,000,000,000 divided by 200,000,000 = $425.

Tim Lysyk- Hide quoted text -

It's still agood buy.We now own it, We can make it our national health
plan. Sign everybody up ( congress included). We'll have to get
someone from France or Canada to run it. The dumb **** running it now
only got 29 millioni a year. I am sure we can hire lots of tallent for
that.
Old September 27th, 2008, 09:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:08:58 -0700 (PDT), BJ Conner
wrote:

Sign everybody up ( congress included).

You wish. If only we all had the health care that Congress has. They
get first-class-private room-best doctors-care. The kind of national
health care they give you and me will be nowhere near as good. Screw
government health care. I had it for 20 years and it's ok as long as
you don't mind waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Give everyone $5K
and let them buy their own. They don't buy it and get sick? Tough.

Old September 27th, 2008, 11:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Give everyone $5K
and let them buy their own. They don't buy it and get sick? Tough.

Dave

I don't know what the situation is in Mass, but 5K wouldn't get you **** for
a decent policy in PA.
Tom

Old September 28th, 2008, 06:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sep 27, 6:40*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message

Give everyone $5K

and let them buy their own. *They don't buy it and get sick? *Tough..

Dave

I don't know what the situation is in Mass, but 5K wouldn't get you **** for
a decent policy in PA.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

... or in NY,or MA. Our employee family plan costs close to $11K in
MA now, and just about $10K in NY
Old September 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika[_2_]

Default The Big Bailout (OT, or not), alt.usenet.legends.elster-mosley

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

I don't know what the situation is in Mass, but 5K wouldn't get you ****
for a decent policy in PA.

Why don't they just give every USian one bond each, and it'll be like a
lottery. Some will get a nice stream of income for 30 years, some for 5
years for the ARMS etc. And some will be dead fish.

I mean the USIANS effectively own the bonds anyway once this bailout goes
through. So why can't they get the payouts on them