More spring fly tying updates: the roadkill streamer

Old April 30th, 2006, 04:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default More spring fly tying updates: the roadkill streamer

I just updated the Roadkill Streamers page, first published in Rod and
Reel 2/15/85, and still one of the 1/2 dozen
best big fish flies ever devised, and so fast and easy to tie you
don't even need a vise. In fact you can't really use a vise, even
if you want. You have to make this fly in your hands. Takes all of
about a minute or two.

http://www.montana-riverboats.com/Pa...d_Roakill.html

Nobody knows about this fly because, well, I'm not sure why.
I don't go to fishing shows and I don't write books (not yet anway).
So I guess it's a marketing thing. But I do maintain, with confidence
and without doubt, that this (the Roadkill Streamer) is indeed one
of the very best big fish flies there is.
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/..._Roadkill.html

.......hadn't noticed before, that the first link was busted. Maybe this
one will work.

Old May 17th, 2006, 06:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Hmm, will try it out. Sounds like a streamer I used to tie, though
mine had the hook in the front.
Frank Reid