OT Bug repellant

Old January 28th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Ken Fortenberry

Default OT Bug repellant

For those who like to stick a cigar in the vest for warding off
the bugs (Really dear, I don't smoke 'em so much as I just use
'em as bug repellant.;-) here's a *GREAT* deal on a box of damn
decent for the price Nicaraguan Robustos.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/325

No affiliation, yada, yada, yada, just passing along a good
deal on bug repellant.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Lazarus Cooke

In article , Ken
Fortenberry wrote:

For those who like to stick a cigar in the vest for warding off
the bugs (Really dear, I don't smoke 'em so much as I just use
'em as bug repellant.;-) here's a *GREAT* deal on a box of damn
decent for the price Nicaraguan Robustos.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/325

No affiliation, yada, yada, yada, just passing along a good
deal on bug repellant.

I'm very fond of a stogie. Nothing goes as well with failing to catch
fish as a cigar (- except maybe a pipe, which withstands the Irish rain
better). I bring back the maximum quantity every time I'm in Cuba.

And I still have a very fine, unsmoked. personalized Nicaraguan one
given to me in Managua in the 80s by Tomas Borge, the slightly sinister
Sandanista Minister of the Interior.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Lazarus Cooke wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
snip
No affiliation, yada, yada, yada, just passing along a good
deal on bug repellant.

I'm very fond of a stogie. Nothing goes as well with failing to catch
fish as a cigar (- except maybe a pipe, which withstands the Irish rain
better). I bring back the maximum quantity every time I'm in Cuba.

We here in the states are not allowed Cubans. Of course there are
lawless types who will import them illegally anyway. Some used to
get good deals on Cubans from the UK, but with the US dollar as
weak as it is against the pound some are now buying Cubans from
Geneva to take advantage of the Swiss Franc's better exchange rate.
From what I hear. ;-)

And I still have a very fine, unsmoked. personalized Nicaraguan one
given to me in Managua in the 80s by Tomas Borge, the slightly sinister
Sandanista Minister of the Interior.

Fine cigars, like fine brandies, often come with fascinating
stories.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 28th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Wolfgang

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
om...
..Fine cigars, like fine brandies, often come with fascinating
stories.

Oh, by Jove, wot?

Come on up to the north side of Milwaukee with a pack of Salems and a bottle
of Thunderbird some time.......I'll show you some stories.

Wolfgang
bon apetit, dawg.

Old January 28th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Wolfgang" wrote

Come on up to the north side of Milwaukee with a pack of Salems and a
bottle of Thunderbird some time.......I'll show you some stories.

i've often wondered what the badass area of milwaukee might be. once
again, wolfy is a marvelous source of fascinating information.

yfitons
wayno(well, sure, it's not exactly watts, but what the hell, they're
yankees...)

Old January 28th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
..Fine cigars, like fine brandies, often come with fascinating
stories.

Oh, by Jove, wot?

Come on up to the north side of Milwaukee with a pack of Salems and a bottle
of Thunderbird some time.......I'll show you some stories.

It's nice to know that one of our cultural heroes wanders
the mean streets of Milwaukee armed with menthol cigarettes,
cheap wine and an attitude even as prudence dictates that he
wander there alone. It's Friday night, do *try* to fascinate
us with your story tomorrow morning, won't you ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 29th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Charlie Wilson

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
We here in the states are not allowed Cubans. Of course there are
lawless types who will import them illegally anyway. Some used to
get good deals on Cubans from the UK, but with the US dollar as
weak as it is against the pound some are now buying Cubans from
Geneva to take advantage of the Swiss Franc's better exchange rate.
From what I hear. ;-)

Among those lawless sorts (myself excluded, of course) who enjoy such
things, and occasionally discuss their affection on the web, they are
referred to as "ISOM's".

Charlie,
who has never been to the island south of Miami

Old January 29th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Wolfgang

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
. com...

"Wolfgang" wrote

Come on up to the north side of Milwaukee with a pack of Salems and a
bottle of Thunderbird some time.......I'll show you some stories.

i've often wondered what the badass area of milwaukee might be. once
again, wolfy is a marvelous source of fascinating information.

yfitons
wayno(well, sure, it's not exactly watts, but what the hell, they're
yankees...)

Last I heard.....a couple of years ago.....Milwaukee enjoyed the dubious
distinction of being the most racially segregated major metropolitan area in
the country.....whatever that might mean. The northwest, pretty much from
downtown to the Ozaukee county line is predominantly African
American......the near south side is mostly Hispanic, with Mexicans and
their descendents representing the majority. Not surprisingly, white flight
has been rampant (with the exception of a few isolated pockets here and
there) for quite some time, not only in these areas, but also throughout
Milwaukee county as a whole. I've never been to Watts, but I guess I'd as
soon spend a night there as many a neighborhood here......at least it's warm
in California.

Wolfgang
who never had occasion to worry much while residing in dixie.......but
doesn't really worry a great deal about his current residence either.

Old January 29th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Wolfgang

Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
..Fine cigars, like fine brandies, often come with fascinating
stories.

Oh, by Jove, wot?

Come on up to the north side of Milwaukee with a pack of Salems and a
bottle of Thunderbird some time.......I'll show you some stories.

It's nice to know that one of our cultural heroes wanders
the mean streets of Milwaukee armed with menthol cigarettes,
cheap wine and an attitude even as prudence dictates that he
wander there alone.

Anybody I know?

It's Friday night, do *try* to fascinate
us with your story tomorrow morning, won't you ?

I'll tell you now. Becky's brother came over. We drank some wine, watched
"Monk" and chatted. Jeff smoked a Cohiba (which he bought in Puerto Rico)
out on the porch, accompanied by a glass of McClelland's and me with a cup
of Folger's and a couple of Basic Menthol Ultra-Lights. As he arrived
rather late in the evening, we did not bother to go to any nine star
restaurants. Nor did we prepare any viands according to the one and only
true original authentic recipe. As a matter of fact, Becky and I had
already eaten before Jeff arrived. We had a lovely authentic twelve star
frozen pizza baked in strict accordance with the instructions on the
package.......well, as strict as we could manage without the benefit of an
accurate oven thermometer, anyway. We discussed the possibility of
impressing the neighbors with our éclat, but eventually abandoned the plan
because none of them was readily available......and besides, they wouldn't
much give a ****. We briefly discussed possibilities for the morrow. Jeff
was all for making a pilgrimage to some cultural mecca in order to improve
our social standing, but Becky said, "**** that, it would take most of the
day to get to Urbana and besides, we can get all the cheap imitation beer we
want right here anyway." We could think of no good counter to this
eminently sensible observation so we have decided to sit tight and hope for
the long awaited arrival of "Kennie and dick's Groovy Double Naught Guide to
Uber-Coolness" at our local bookstore. We are holding our breath. Please
do get on with it.

Wolfgang
who, lest anyone get the wrong impression, hastens to add that most friday
nights are nowhere near this outré........life in the fast lane does wear on
one, don'tcha know.

Old January 29th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
It's Friday night, do *try* to fascinate
us with your story tomorrow morning, won't you ?

I'll tell you now. snip

Bah, that wasn't fascinating at all.

Self-righteous pedestrianism and holier-than-thou reverse
snobbery delivered in your signature nasty style is not
fascinating nor even mildly interesting.

But thanks for trying.

--
Ken Fortenberry