Seasons Greetings.

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
diamonds

Default Seasons Greetings.

Yes I am still alive, but slowing up and not fishing as much as I used
to.
Seasons greeting to all, especially the Old Brenig Mob.
Tight Lines,
Diamonds ( That brings back memories).
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Bill Grey[_2_]

"diamonds" wrote in message
Yes I am still alive, but slowing up and not fishing as much as I used
to.
Seasons greeting to all, especially the Old Brenig Mob.
Tight Lines,
Diamonds ( That brings back memories).

Hi Reg,

Thanks for your good wishes. May I wish everyone a Happy Christmas and an
prosperous New Year.

Like you, I don't fish much these days, I only went out twice last season
(2009) Nothing on the first trip but 4 Raimbows for 15lbs on the second.
Both trips were to a small put and take fishery with the Tawe Disabled
Fishers. With quite a few thrashing the water (anglers that is), I decided
to go slow and deep and Bingo - that was the recipe.

All the best, lads.

Bill

Old December 19th, 2009, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Bill Grey, gave forth these words of wisdom:

"diamonds" wrote in message
Yes I am still alive, but slowing up and not fishing as much as I used
to.
Seasons greeting to all, especially the Old Brenig Mob.
Tight Lines,
Diamonds ( That brings back memories).

Hi Reg,

Thanks for your good wishes. May I wish everyone a Happy Christmas and an
prosperous New Year.

Like you, I don't fish much these days, I only went out twice last season
(2009) Nothing on the first trip but 4 Raimbows for 15lbs on the second.
Both trips were to a small put and take fishery with the Tawe Disabled
Fishers. With quite a few thrashing the water (anglers that is), I decided
to go slow and deep and Bingo - that was the recipe.

All the best, lads.

Bill

Good to hear from you both!
Like you my game fishing exploits have taken a dive this year.
Too far to go for some good fishing round here.
I think Andy still gets to the Windrush a fair bit but as it's a 45
minute trip for me I may well not be joining him next season :-(
Hopefully he may invite me as a guest!!!!!!!!!
Concentrating on my coarse fishing nowadays, (sorry, I'm swearing now).
At least the Thame is only 15 minutes away, (and I'm sure there are a
few trout around there if you can find them, and also a chub or two to
fly.)
Who knows?
Anyway all the best to you both and any other URFG old hands.
COME BACK BRENIG! Some super days with you lot and you never know
Diamonds you might pull another tasty OZ bird :-)
Take care, and wishing you all a Happy Christmas and Prosperous New
Year,
Alec
--
"The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of mens lives the hours
spent in fishing......"

Old December 19th, 2009, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Bill Grey[_2_]

"diamonds" wrote in message
[...]

Itc looks as if our old pal Fred Dockwray (who has had enough of the
Cumbrian floods) is emigrating to Australia.

Good luck Fred if you're still here to read this,

Bill,

Old January 19th, 2010, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Just Dave

howdy all,

I still haven't got into the habit of checking the newsgroup via
Google (only way I can get at it now)... so belated happy new year and
all that stuff.
Nice to see Diamonds still whining...Sally says hello btw....

Sounds like not a lot of fishing going on, I hope that you all find
some to suit this year. Brenig? Anybody up for it? Let me know
(best to use email to contact me as my newsgroup access is buggered)
and I will have a look around for alternative accommodation if you
like.

Me, I can't wait for the new season to start as I didn't get to do a
lot of fishing last year - spent most of the summer working on the
boss's campervan - will be making up for it this year. I was lucky
enough to win the club raffle for a free ticket - nice reward for
being one of the few that turned up for the summer river clear up.

cheers!

Dave

Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Bill Grey[_2_]

"diamonds" wrote in message
Yes I am still alive, but slowing up and not fishing as much as I used
to.
Seasons greeting to all, especially the Old Brenig Mob.
Tight Lines,
Diamonds ( That brings back memories).

Best of health to you Reg, ang good wishes for 2010

I think the Brenig Mob are like coiled springs waiting for March - at least
some of us maybe :-)

Our old mate Fred Dockwray is quitting this green and something or other
land and is off to Australia. Good luck Fred and Jan.

Best wishes all.

Bill