Dental misery

Old March 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

Default Dental misery

Last week I broke a tooth or lost a filling .... big hole ( not a river )
..... so I made a dentist appointment, I wasn't in pain so the earliest
available was about two hours from right now.

Well, today is deeply overcast, the first such day in over a week, and I'm
willing to bet every fricking trout within two homes of my house will start
rising to heavy mayfly hatches in about an hour and a half ! I'm sitting
here, looking at the dark clouds instead of sun, and squirming in misery,
wishing I could go chase those fish. I've always been openly dentaphobic,
but now ... a new reason G

Old March 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"Larry L" wrote

trout within two homes of my house

within two hours .... ain't no trout within two homes of here

Old March 20th, 2007, 04:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Larry L wrote:
"Larry L" wrote
trout within two homes of my house

within two hours .... ain't no trout within two homes of here

Hmmmph, anybody who lives within two hours of rising trout in
mid-March had damn well better take their whining elsewhere.

And there ain't never been a dental procedure that good drugs
and a bottle of single malt couldn't ameliorate, in my experience.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
CalifBill

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
et...
Larry L wrote:
"Larry L" wrote
trout within two homes of my house

within two hours .... ain't no trout within two homes of here

Hmmmph, anybody who lives within two hours of rising trout in
mid-March had damn well better take their whining elsewhere.

And there ain't never been a dental procedure that good drugs
and a bottle of single malt couldn't ameliorate, in my experience.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Good Italian drugs work. A couple of years ago, was in Sorrento, Italy on
vacation and got the dreaded Mal de Dente. Had to look up the phrase in the
dictionary. A Saturday and the private dentists are not working to they
send me to the hospital. Italian hospitals have a great feature, one we
need to copy. The have an entrance that says Pronto Socorso (sp?). Means
first response. A doctor and clerk and nurse are there and is an emergency
room for the small stuff. Free to everybody, even American visitors. A
pain killer shot and a prescription for antibiotics and pain killer. Out
the door, no charge. $25 at the local pharmacy for the drugs. Better
than getting sick in the Amazon with a little intestinal protozoa.

Old March 20th, 2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jack Schmitt

As a practicing Oral Surgeon for 35 years, now retired, get a small piece of
cotton, saturate with oil of cloves, and place in the cavity. It should keep
you comfortable for a day or so, but do not procrastinate any longer. Oil of
cloves from local pharmacy.
Hope this helps.

Jack in Brentwood, TN.

Old March 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Flytyer37

As a practicing Oral Surgeon for 35 years, now retired, get a small piece of
cotton, saturate with oil of cloves, and place in the cavity. It should keep
you comfortable for a day or so, but do not procrastinate any longer. Oil of
cloves from local pharmacy.
Hope this helps.

Saw the oil of cloves, and due to the type font on my 'puter, I read
"oil of doves." Not very peaceful, especially for the dove.
Frank Reid

Old March 20th, 2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus

"Flytyer37" wrote in message
ups.com...

As a practicing Oral Surgeon for 35 years, now retired, get a small piece
of
cotton, saturate with oil of cloves, and place in the cavity. It should
keep
you comfortable for a day or so, but do not procrastinate any longer. Oil
of
cloves from local pharmacy.
Hope this helps.

Saw the oil of cloves, and due to the type font on my 'puter, I read
"oil of doves." Not very peaceful, especially for the dove.
Frank Reid

I once had an infestation of oily doves!

Op

Old March 21st, 2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:21:09 -0400, "Opus" wrote:

"Flytyer37" wrote in message
oups.com...

As a practicing Oral Surgeon for 35 years, now retired, get a small piece
of cotton, saturate with oil of cloves, and place in the cavity. It should
keep you comfortable for a day or so, but do not procrastinate any longer. Oil
of cloves from local pharmacy.
Hope this helps.

Saw the oil of cloves, and due to the type font on my 'puter, I read
"oil of doves." Not very peaceful, especially for the dove.
Frank Reid

I once had an infestation of oily doves!

Op

I hate it when that happens.