New Leader Link Competitor

Old April 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Conan The Librarian

Default New Leader Link Competitor

Jonathan Cook wrote:

These showed up in the latest Cabela's magazine:

http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/sc...king_l2l.jhtml

Not a bad idea except it'll fail because it appears they are
tying it to their own leaders (not selling the leader end
separately) -- somebody's gotten too greedy :-)

But I like the idea of a "bigger" leader link that is bouyant and
that is visible. I think that alone would be a good seller. (Maybe
someone at Eagle Claw is listening...)

I think Dave LaCourse mentioned that setup when it came out. I
remember thinking the same thing as you. (Well, I may have been a bit
more extreme in my reaction; it was more like, "That looks neat, but do
you really think this is gonna make me switch brands of leaders, you
nitwits?")

Chuck Vance
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:55 PM
Wayne Knight

Conan The Librarian wrote:
"That looks neat, but do
you really think this is gonna make me switch brands of leaders, you
nitwits?")

I don't think you have to change brands of leaders, They just make the
option easier.

Old April 1st, 2005, 03:30 PM
Conan The Librarian

Wayne Knight wrote:

I don't think you have to change brands of leaders, They just make the
option easier.

That wasn't the impression I got. I could be wrong, but I thought
they sold their own leaders pre-rigged with the little male connector,
and you just buy the line connector/female part separately.

Chuck Vance

Old April 1st, 2005, 04:15 PM
Wayne Knight

Conan The Librarian wrote:

That wasn't the impression I got. I could be wrong, but I

thought
they sold their own leaders pre-rigged with the little male

connector,
and you just buy the line connector/female part separately.

I think you can buy the line connector with a connection for the
leader, at least that's what their line designer told me last summer. I
still hold to the position that there's no reason to use these things
unless there is a physical disability which makes tying a nail and
blood knot difficult but different strokes for different folks.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:06 AM
Guy Thornberg

Just read your post John. I like the "Link" if you have the option of using
your own leader material. It would appear the number of wind knots might be
reduced using the "Link". Not that my casting ability should be suspect....
Guy

"Jonathan Cook" wrote in message
These showed up in the latest Cabela's magazine:

http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/sc...king_l2l.jhtml

Not a bad idea except it'll fail because it appears they are
tying it to their own leaders (not selling the leader end
separately) -- somebody's gotten too greedy :-)

But I like the idea of a "bigger" leader link that is bouyant and
that is visible. I think that alone would be a good seller. (Maybe
someone at Eagle Claw is listening...)

Jon.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:32 AM
asadi

Doesn't the 'slight whitening' that indicates a secure connection mean that
a weak spot is forming?

john

Old April 2nd, 2005, 02:37 AM
Wolfgang

"asadi" wrote in message
m...
Doesn't the 'slight whitening' that indicates a secure connection mean
that
a weak spot is forming?

Well, it isn't exactly like se........um.......well, never mind.

Wolfgang