Got Shot At Lately?

Old January 7th, 2004, 03:48 AM
RGarri7470

Default Got Shot At Lately?

Prosecutors in LA announced today they were dropping charges against a man
arrested for firing a shotgun in the air as Gary Klein went by in his bass
boat. Seems there were no witnesses and no physical evidence so they are
dropping the charges. This happened during the Bassmasters Classic last year -
during practice, I guess since Klein was alone.

Seems the guy was upset about boats running by his place on the bayou and all
his neighbors supported him.

What do you think about this?

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old January 7th, 2004, 04:33 AM
J Buck

Seems the guy was upset about boats running by his place on the bayou
and all his neighbors supported him. What do you think about this?

Unless Shotgun Boy (and his neighbors) own the lake and access to it,
tough. Cowboy up and realize you have a camp on the shoreline. But I'll
admit it's a fine line. I don't mind a boat going by in front of my camp
at a reasonable distance from shore. But close up?...I'd appreciate a
slow speed and no profanity, whether youngsters are around or not.

Old January 7th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Joe

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
Prosecutors in LA announced today they were dropping charges against a man
arrested for firing a shotgun in the air as Gary Klein went by in his bass
boat. Seems there were no witnesses and no physical evidence so they are
dropping the charges. This happened during the Bassmasters Classic last
year -
during practice, I guess since Klein was alone.

Seems the guy was upset about boats running by his place on the bayou and
all
his neighbors supported him.

What do you think about this?

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Scares me. When I was fishing club events in Minnesota one venue was
Lizzie-Crystal-Rush. One of the channels had a angry old man that would
stand and stare at us as we went through the no-wake zone by his place. I
would hate to have him think he could get away with shooting over peoples
heads. You can bet that a-hole in LA is bragging to his buddies. BASS may
want to stay away for a few years. See how the county like the lost revenue.
Too many idiots like to copy cat stupid
dangerous things. IMHO!
Joe Z.

Old January 7th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Charles B. Summers

How many times have you wanted to do this when some ass in a jet-ski or
pleasure boat buzzed past you?

As far as dropping the charges, with no proof... it's ones guys word against
another. But, it does pass the wrong message and is scary to think that
someone else would try this and maybe the next "victim" would not be so
lucky.

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old January 7th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Marty

RGarri7470 wrote in message
This happened during the Bassmasters Classic last year -
during practice, I guess since Klein was alone.

Actually, this happened on the final day of competition.

Old January 7th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Carlos

I have been shot at. So have many others fishing the Mississippi and
Illinois Rivers. In the fall you want to stay away from anything that looks
like a brushpile. It's probably a duck/goose blind. They can always claim
that they were shooting at a duck. We also had a fellow that was in a
no-wake slough that would get a bit carried away with his shotgun. I never
had a problem with him, but then I observed the no-wake zone. He had also
lived up-river and was known for shooting at tows that got too close to his
dock.

It's not right, but it happens a lot.

Carlos

Old January 7th, 2004, 12:33 PM
COOLLURES

I lived in Cali for 14 years, A shotgun or any other firearm in your
possession on or in a park or public access land is a felony. unless it is
your property you have no right to carry a fire arm. The few Concealed
permits that are given are just that concealed. If they are exposed for any
reason other than life threatening conditions you can still be arrested.

Something doesn't seem right about the story. Not saying that it didnt
happen, But doesnt seem right.

Jeff

Old January 7th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Bob La Londe

"COOLLURES" wrote in message
I lived in Cali for 14 years, A shotgun or any other firearm in your
possession on or in a park or public access land is a felony. unless it is
your property you have no right to carry a fire arm. The few Concealed
permits that are given are just that concealed. If they are exposed for

any
reason other than life threatening conditions you can still be arrested.

Something doesn't seem right about the story. Not saying that it didnt
happen, But doesnt seem right.

Jeff

Hmmmm..... I must not understand then. I thought it was legal to wear a
sidearm in non-incorporated areas in Ca.

Old January 7th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Jeff Durham

I am both an avid hunter and fisherman. There have been times when duck
hunting that a fisherman comes by your decoys, knows you are hunting there,
and continues to move past your decoys several times. Once or twice is no
problem because it is public water and perhaps he does not know that a
hunter is there. On the fifth or sixth time though? Was that a duck just
flying by over his head? Bang! :-) In seriousness, you just have to
ignore those kind of people and they eventually get bored and move on.

Jeff

Old January 7th, 2004, 05:10 PM
RGarri7470

BASS may
want to stay away for a few years. See how the county like the lost revenue.

Unfortunately, that means the idiot with the gun wins - that is exactly what he
wants - no bass boats on his water!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com