crayfish

Old March 19th, 2004, 12:27 AM
arne koch

Default crayfish

Is Arizona the only state where the authorities are trying to reduce the
number of crayfish in their lakes? As long as we use ethical methods, would
not people be interested in using crayfish traps for reducing the
populations? And if there is a demand for cathing crayfish with crayfish
traps, certainly they should be aware of www.TrapperArne.com who has traps
for that purpose.-

Arjoy Acre/Trapper Arne
1300 W.Random Way
Payson, AZ 85541
www.TrapperArne.com
(928) 472-7310
USA

Old March 19th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Terry Bullard

Is Arizona the only state where the authorities are trying to reduce the
number of crayfish in their lakes? As long as we use ethical methods, would
not people be interested in using crayfish traps for reducing the
populations? And if there is a demand for cathing crayfish with crayfish
traps, certainly they should be aware of www.TrapperArne.com who has traps
for that purpose.-

Arjoy Acre/Trapper Arne
1300 W.Random Way
Payson, AZ 85541
www.TrapperArne.com
(928) 472-7310
USA

To the best of my knowledge, Arizona is the first state to take steps to reduce
the crayfish population by public awareness but Arizona is not the first state
to realize the vast populations of crayfish are creating a serious impact on
game fish and plant growth. Other states have passed laws to try and stem the
spread of crayfish from one body of water to another but they have failed to
prevent the crayfish from packing their bags and moving overland to different
waterways and populating the new areas.
Studies have been made a long time ago which states the only effective means
of maintaining a population of crayfish but not reducing it is by trapping.
Personally I don't believe the average sports fisherman is even aware of the
damage being done by crayfish and those who are probably would not trap
crayfish to help reduce the populations. The ones who do trap them are those
who either use them for bait or simply like to eat them. The largest percentage
of Americans in general don't have a clue to how good these freshwater lobsters
taste if they even know that they exist. Knowledge of crayfish is not the same
here as it is in Europe, especially Sweden, LOLs.

Terry - who wishes he could patent crawfish pizza!

--
Crayfishing Made Easy!
http://www.terrybullard.com

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:30 PM
licker

Terry, Hate to burst your bubble but their is already a crawfish pizza
served in some Louisiana pizza places. We have crawfish stews, soups,
gumbos, bisque, boiled, fried, sausage, ettouffee and just about every other
way to cook them we already have it.

Bubba Crawfish

Old March 20th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Terry Bullard

Terry, Hate to burst your bubble but their is already a crawfish pizza
served in some Louisiana pizza places. We have crawfish stews, soups,
gumbos, bisque, boiled, fried, sausage, ettouffee and just about every other
way to cook them we already have it.

Bubba Crawfish

You did burst my bubble, sob! I should have figured Louisiana would be in there
first, grin. Oh well, it's still damn good any way or where you look at it!

I haven't heard of crawfish sausage before, that is a new one on me. Do you
have any idea how it's made? I bet that would be excellent. The season is just
starting way up north and the big boys are out now!

Thanks for the info!

Terry
--
Crayfishing Made Easy!
http://www.terrybullard.com

Old March 21st, 2004, 03:12 AM
arne koch

There was a time when I tried to keep it rather secret how excellent
crayfish are on the dinner table. I wanted to keep it to myself. But after a
few years of travelling around in the US it became obvious to me that
crayfish are everywhere, and especially in Arizona. Probably in most other
US states too. Now I realize that if you like crustaceans, lobsters, shrimp
and crab, you are obviously missing out on something that is FREE for the
catching by ignoring crayfish.

The only problem with crayfish is that they are kinda small. And when you
eat a good sized serving of about 15-20 crayfish, your fingers get sort of
messy.

But you don't eat crayfish because you are starving. You eat crayfish
because you are enjoying the comraderie of good friends on a Saturday
evening when the moon is full and the beer has a frosty chill.

But to find yourself with some crayfish to offer your friends, you have to
catch them first. And that's where I come in. Visit me at my web page
www.trapperArne.com and you'll find out how to catch them critters, how to
cook them and how to eat them. Try to eat them the Swedish way, just for a
change of taste. You may like it.

Arne

Old March 21st, 2004, 05:11 AM
licker

They make crawfish sausage by blending pork and peeled crawfish tails with a
blend of just the right amount of seasoning. This is stuff in sausage
casings. You cook it just like you would fresh sausage by browning it in a
frying pan then add just a little water to the pan and simmer until water is
gone.

There is also something called crawfish boudin which is made by chopping up
crawfish tails into small pieces then tails smothered in butter, onions,
bell peppers, celery, garlic and fresh parsley. This is then added to cooked
rice and mixed evenly. Then stuffed into natural hog casings.

In Louisiana we use crawfish in every type of dish that you would use beef,
pork, chicken, shrimp or crab. It can made into patties, sausage, stews,
pies, pizza, etouffee, soups, gumbos. dips, and omelets.

If you think it might taste good some way try it.

Sarge

Old March 23rd, 2004, 02:54 AM
Rodney LongShot

licker wrote:
Terry, Hate to burst your bubble but their is already a crawfish pizza
served in some Louisiana pizza places. We have crawfish stews, soups,
gumbos, bisque, boiled, fried, sausage, ettouffee and just about every other
way to cook them we already have it.

\
I think I have tried them all

Boiled "right",, is the very best though

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Stand Out Hooks ,