Jan. 2, and 60.7 degrees

Old January 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Cyli" wrote in message
On 3 Jan 2005 13:28:13 -0800, "Katrina" wrote:

? It would be more humaine to kill it now instead of letting it suffer.

No. Do not kill your husband. He may be a fool and vicious to
harmless snakes, but divorce is so much more civilized.

hilarious. and kinder, gentler, as well.

yfitons
wayno

Old January 4th, 2005, 03:02 PM
snakefiddler

"Cyli" wrote in message
On 3 Jan 2005 13:28:13 -0800, "Katrina" wrote:

? It would be more humaine to kill it now instead of letting it suffer.

No. Do not kill your husband. He may be a fool and vicious to
harmless snakes, but divorce is so much more civilized.

Really, the man is gormless. What are his plans for the poor
creature? If he wanted to try to eat it, he should kill it, clean it,
and hand it to you to cook (I feel sure you do all the 'woman's work'
around the place). If he wants the skin, he should kill it and skin
it. A month is ridiculous.

Hadn't you best use this extreme oddity of his to rethink your
marriage and your life? Even if you decide to stay with him and let
him live, it should colour your perceptions of him in many ways.

Take the bucket (wear heavy long gloves, leather preferred.), cover it
securely with something with breathing holes in it, put it in the
trunk of your car, take it out in the country, and open the top,
tipping the bucket with a long stick or metal bar. Let the poor thing
go. And do consider a similar option for your husband.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)

LMAO

snake

Old January 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:15:07 -0600, Cyli
wrote:

[...]

The original post is probably not a legit post to ROFF for a number of
reasons (including the fact it sounds like bull****), but just in
case...

The husband part is funny, but the snake advice isn't. While rattlers
aren't _normally_ aggressive, one cooped up in a bucket and then taken
for a drive in the truck of a car in the aforementioned bucket is not
something with which some scared lady who knows nothing about snakes
needs to be within stick distance of. Well, not unless that stick is
about 50 feet long. "She" mentions it is already lidded, and if it is a
press-on type 5-gallon lid, it'll take more than a stick, anyway.
Whatever the case, "she" should call animal control or the Bexar County
Sheriff's Dept.

TC,

Old January 5th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Cyli

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:53:15 -0600, wrote:

(snipped)

The husband part is funny, but the snake advice isn't. While rattlers
aren't _normally_ aggressive, one cooped up in a bucket and then taken
for a drive in the truck of a car in the aforementioned bucket is not
something with which some scared lady who knows nothing about snakes
needs to be within stick distance of. Well, not unless that stick is
about 50 feet long. "She" mentions it is already lidded, and if it is a
press-on type 5-gallon lid, it'll take more than a stick, anyway.
Whatever the case, "she" should call animal control or the Bexar County
Sheriff's Dept.

Ah, then it'll be out for vengeance with a full month's worth of venom
concentrated in its fangs. Okay. I gave bad advice about the snake.
I'd assumed it'd go into a fast slither into the closest cover.

I'm wondering how she knows if it's even still alive? Presumably it's
coiled up and into a rest phase but that can't go on forever, even if
it was fully fed when it was captured. If the husband's feeding it,
the problem might take care of itself. After he's bitten, he'll
either kill it or it'll escape. If he uses any of the stupid methods
of treating a rattlesnake bite, it may take care of the husband, too.

If she calls the sheriff, it'll go on record. The husband could even
get a fine for harassing wildlife. Animal control will have a record,
but not care much. Some depends on what her husband does when he gets
really angry at having something of his messed with. Assuming it was,
at any time, a genuine post. My husband gets all Scandahoovian and
compresses his lips and goes "Hmmmphf." and simmers quietly for a long
time. It's physically safe to mess with his stuff, but
psychologically unpleasant. Some men rant and some men rant and hit.
Some just hit.

Old January 5th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Wolfgang

"Cyli" wrote in message
...If he uses any of the stupid methods
of treating a rattlesnake bite, it may take care of the husband, too...

Not if he's laid in a good supply of turmeric.

Wolfgang

Old January 5th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Cyli

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:17:23 -0600, "Wolfgang"
wrote:

"Cyli" wrote in message
.. .
...If he uses any of the stupid methods
of treating a rattlesnake bite, it may take care of the husband, too...

Not if he's laid in a good supply of turmeric.

Wolfgang

That was a whole weird thing, wasn't it? I'd bet this guy couldn't
find the spice rack in an emergency, not that she sounds as if she
uses much but salt and pepper anyway. (Yes, I make generalized
pejorative statements about people I've never known. Why not?)

I was thinking more of the car battery hookup one. Seems it's still
popular in some places. Or the too tight tourniquet.

I'd prefer to rely on my Sawyer Snakebite kit and then conventional
medical treatment as soon as possible, but I'm wussy. Might not be
any harm in swallowing some turmeric. A mouthful of the stuff might
well put one's mind on a different kind of feeling for a while.
Unless it has to be IV'ed. I'd skip that as a do it yourself thing.