Found Anything??

Old January 12th, 2004, 05:48 AM
B J Conner

Default Found Anything??

Whats the best or strangest thing you have found while fishing? In the
water, in the parking area? Was it valuable? did you return it or try to?

Old January 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM
George Cleveland

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:48:02 GMT, "B J Conner"
wrote:

Whats the best or strangest thing you have found while fishing? In the
water, in the parking area? Was it valuable? did you return it or try to?

Not much for mr prsonally (a cheap wooden net, a myriad of spinning lures)
but I do know a guy who found a set of dentures. I creeped him out.

g.c.
Old January 12th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Frank Reid

Whats the best or strangest thing you have found while fishing? In the
water, in the parking area? Was it valuable? did you return it or try to?

Well, found a few fishing rods (diving under the dock to get mine). Found a
fly box with about $100 in flie (perfectly sealed, no rust on the flies) at
Penns. Found a wallet with a couple of hundred bucks in it. Tracked down
the owner and returned it. Found a lot of friends along the way, haven't
lost any of them.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old January 12th, 2004, 12:11 PM
SnakeFiddler

"B J Conner" wrote in message
Whats the best or strangest thing you have found while fishing? In the
water, in the parking area? Was it valuable? did you return it or try to?

Never found anything strange while fishisn', (yes, I have been fishin'! )
, but once while fishing in Michigan with my brother, he reached into the
water and scooped up a beautiful pink water lily and gave it to me. I still
have it. I know-sappy, huh?

Snakefiddler- and i always baited my own hook- i'm not scared of no slimy
worms.....

Old January 12th, 2004, 01:42 PM
bouncer

Whats the best or strangest thing you have found while fishing? In the
water, in the parking area? Was it valuable? did you return it or try to?

Kind of strange, but I've found 3 fly boxes since 2000. The
latest box had well over 200 flies! All of which appeared to
be well tied by the owner. In all instances, I've tried to
find the owner by checking at the local fly shops.

A month or two back we found an oar in the water. This was a
very expensive counterbalanced graphite drift boat oar. I sent
a few emails to the local shops and low and behold we found the
owner. The guy was real excited, since he estimated the value
of the oar at $300. I ended up getting a free weekend lodging
package down on the Bighorn out of the deal!
Old January 12th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Bill Mason

"Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote in message

Well, found a few fishing rods (diving under the dock to get mine).

Intentionally? ;-)

Cheers,
Bill

Old January 12th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Wayne Harrison

"B J Conner" wrote in message
Whats the best or strangest thing you have found while fishing? In the
water, in the parking area? Was it valuable? did you return it or try to?

reminds me of a fascinating little vignette i was involved in about 25

years ago. i was living in the front half of a duplex, and my housemate,
ben fulton, decided to take up trout fishing. i gave him directions to a
few streams, and he spent nearly every weekend learning the craft. late in
the summer, pj roberts and i spent a couple days up on big snowbird. the
last afternoon, we were subjected to one helluva thunderstorm, and had to
seek shelter under an overhanging bank. we had to crawl out of the water
through some tough laurel, and i fell neck deep trying to struggle ashore.
as we sat waiting out the rain, i suddenly realized my wallet was no longer
in my pants. after the storm passed, i walked down stream for quite a ways,
hoping to see the wallet and retrieve all the licences, credit cards, and a
small amount of cash, therein. no luck.
i came back home, and spent most of the week replacing the lost items.
next sunday night i was watching tv, and ben shows up. he sat down, chatted
for a while, and then says, with a grin, "you been up on snowbird lately?"
i say yes, and begin to lament my lost wallet. when i had nearly finished
my tale, he casually reached into his back pocket and tossed a wallet on the
floor at my feet. yep, it was my wallet. everything intact. he had been
wading upstream, and glanced down to better negotiate a tough section of
rocks, and saw the wallet, lodged between a couple of sharp edged rocks. he
said he damn near fainted when he opened the thing and saw my driver's
license.
i wonder what the odds are on that "find" taking place?

yfitons
wayno (about as likely as forty winning roff's "mr. congeniality" award,
perhaps?)

Old January 12th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Wolfgang

"bouncer" wrote in message

....A month or two back we found an oar in the water.....

Hm.....well, if you didn't find both there's a good chance that it
belonged to Jeffie, or wayno, or Mike, or Ken, or Dave, or Joe, or
Tim, or Tom, or Steve, or George, or Mark, or John, or.......well, you
get the picture.

Wolfgang

Old January 12th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Tim J.

"Wolfgang" wrotede...

"bouncer" wrote in message

....A month or two back we found an oar in the water.....

Hm.....well, if you didn't find both there's a good chance that it
belonged to Jeffie, or wayno, or Mike, or Ken, or Dave, or Joe, or
Tim, or Tom, or Steve, or George, or Mark, or John, or.......well, you
get the picture.

Boy-howdy (yumpin-yiminy for you cheese-heads)! I've been floating down ****
Creek in that condition for YEARS now.
--
TL,
Tim

Old January 12th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Wayne Harrison wrote:
i wonder what the odds are on that "find" taking place?

yfitons
wayno (about as likely as forty winning roff's "mr. congeniality" award,
perhaps?)

I must have heard that story three or four times by now, and it gets
better with each retelling. This is the first time you've mentioned
the neck deep dunking. Can't wait to share a bottle of whisky and hear
the next installment. ;-)

And BTW, even I myself wouldn't vote for me as Mr. Congeniality, I'd
have to give my vote to my fellow mid-western malcontent Wolfgang. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry