Straw Poll

Old September 16th, 2007, 07:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

Default Straw Poll

How many people here think I and others should just ignore
Fortenberry?

How many of you simply ignore him successfully now?

This is not designed as a joke or anything of that nature. I really
would like to know.

TL
MC

Old September 16th, 2007, 07:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:43:54 -0700, Mike
wrote:

How many people here think I and others should just ignore
Fortenberry?

How many of you simply ignore him successfully now?

This is not designed as a joke or anything of that nature. I really
would like to know.

TL
MC

Fortenberry is pro-roff. You are pro-connor. Big difference.

If only you could keep *all* of your posts so short........

Davie

Old September 16th, 2007, 07:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On 16 Sep, 20:56, Dave LaCourse wrote:

Fortenberry is pro-roff. You are pro-connor. Big difference.

If only you could keep *all* of your posts so short........

Davie

I am simply pro fly fishing and the environment. Seems you and
Fortenberry have other agendas. Largely selfish, and completely
egotistical.

MC

Old September 16th, 2007, 08:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On 16 Sep, 20:56, Dave LaCourse wrote:

Fortenberry is pro-roff. You are pro-connor. Big difference.

If only you could keep *all* of your posts so short........

Davie

Here´s a short one for you.

**** off Lacourse.

MC

Old September 16th, 2007, 08:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:00:34 -0700, Mike
wrote:

On 16 Sep, 20:56, Dave LaCourse wrote:

Fortenberry is pro-roff. You are pro-connor. Big difference.

If only you could keep *all* of your posts so short........

Davie

Here´s a short one for you.

**** off Lacourse.

MC

"Ya push da button and watch the monkey jump and shout."

It is sort of fun, Ken. Easy, though.

Davie

Old September 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Dave LaCourse wrote:

"Ya push da button and watch the monkey jump and shout."

It is sort of fun, Ken. Easy, though.

Yeah, it's so easy one begins to wonder if perhaps he isn't
really something of a madman instead of just playing one on
Usenet. This latest posting frenzy was no doubt caused by
His Loony Mikeness reflecting on the truth of this post:

"Your latest ****-tossing tirade started because you couldn't
abide anyone disagreeing with your cockamamie proclamation
that only ignorant anglers fish for stockers. You upbraided
a guy for posting a perfectly delightful trip report because
in His Loony Mikeness' world raising fish for stocking is part
and parcel of some loony, sky-is-falling, doomsday scenario.
After it was pointed out to you that all your links referred to
aquaculture and not fish stocking you became more intransigent
and nasty. What a nut. And a vicious, foul-mouthed nut to boot."

So I guess he really is my trained monkey, but hey, at least
he's trainable ! LOL !

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Stan Gula

"Mike" wrote in message
ps.com...
How many people here think I and others should just ignore
XXX

How many of you simply ignore him successfully now?

Mike,
I have been successfully ignoring a whole bunch of people here for years.
It's easy. I don't get into fights or ****ing contests. The last person I
was angry with here on ROFF is long since gone. I don't killfile anybody
except the occasional crossposting troll (the meow guy who hated some store
in upstate New York was the last real PITA I had to killfile I think). I
don't have time for fishing much these days, even when I'm feeling healthy
enough, and I really don't have time for reading here most weeks, but I do
on occasion. I may even post again if I can. Feel free to do what you
want. Part of being a picky reader is having the wisdom to totally avoid
threads that are aimless ****ing contests. They are easy to recognize and
ignore.

Best regards,
--
Stan Gula

Old September 16th, 2007, 11:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On 17 Sep, 00:26, "Stan Gula" wrote:

I may even post again if I can. Feel free to do what you
want. Part of being a picky reader is having the wisdom to totally avoid
threads that are aimless ****ing contests. They are easy to recognize and
ignore.

Best regards,
--
Stan Gula

Nice to hear from you Stan. I hope you manage to get your health
problems sorted out.

I appreciate your input very much, but I disagree with one point. You
may be ( and probably are), quite right about people ignoring threads
which look like turning into ****ing matches, or indeed have already
done so. Unfortunately, this means that people do miss information
which might be important or interesting to them.

In many cases, Fortneberry and his completely brainless allies
immediately turn some threads into ****ing contests. The only replies
they post are personal attacks or similar rubbish.

Whatever, get well soon, and I hope you manage to get some fishing in.
One has to enjoy what one can.

Best wishes, regards and tight lines!

Mike

Old September 17th, 2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rick[_2_]

"Mike" wrote in message
ps.com...
How many people here think I and others should just ignore
Fortenberry?

How many of you simply ignore him successfully now?

This is not designed as a joke or anything of that nature. I really
would like to know.

TL
MC

No problems with Ken here.. But then Neither of us are over the top with
things like someone else

Rick

Old September 17th, 2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Mike wrote:
How many people here think I and others should just ignore
Fortenberry?

How many of you simply ignore him successfully now?

So far I have ignored him successfully. I want keep on his good side.
I'm hoping that someday he will show me where Fawn Lake is.

Russell

;-)