Good News/Bad News

Old September 13th, 2004, 05:00 AM
bruiser

Default Good News/Bad News

First the good news:

Harry Mason has an article in the new SW Fly Fishing and it's a really
interesting read as well as a description of how to construct his CDC Biot
Caddis.

Bad News:

I slipped on the deadly basalt in the bottom of a deep canyon yesterday and
landed on my elbow. My sleeve was torn a little so I rolled it back and
noticed a pretty deep smile shaped cut. My friends and I looked at it and
decided not to quit fishing and hike back up 800' and then drive to the
doctor. It wasn't bleeding that bad but it looked deep. And the fishing
was pretty good. Thankfully one of my friends had his RV at the top and I
got it cleaned up about 6:30 in his RV sink. Heidi took me to the Urgent
Care and it turns out that I'd not only cut my skin deeply but my bursa as
well, so I got stitched inside and out.

But on the way home today we stopped and I fished long enough to catch a
nice little brown by the side of the road. Heidi had a book to read so she
didn't notice me out slipping around in my Tevas!

bruce h

Old September 13th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Chas Wade

"bruiser" wrote:
[...]

That's a nasty sort of cut Bruce, I hope it heals properly.

Chas

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/w...ome.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

Old September 13th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Charlie Choc

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:00:16 -0700, "bruiser"
wrote:

and it turns out that I'd not only cut my skin deeply but my bursa as
well, so I got stitched inside and out.

Hope it heals up OK, Bruce.
--
Charlie...
Old September 13th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Padishar Creel

"bruiser" wrote in message
[...]

---------------
Damn Bruce, we gots to be careful these days! Here is hoping you heal
quickly and that you did not injure your casting arm...

Chris

Old September 13th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Willi & Sue

bruiser wrote:

First the good news:

Harry Mason has an article in the new SW Fly Fishing and it's a really
interesting read as well as a description of how to construct his CDC Biot
Caddis.

Congrats Harry!

Bad News:

I slipped on the deadly basalt in the bottom of a deep canyon yesterday and
landed on my elbow.

Heidi had a book to read so she
didn't notice me out slipping around in my Tevas!

Ouch, at least it was just an ouch and nothing TOO serious. Were you
wearing your Teva's at the time of the fall?

Willi

Old September 13th, 2004, 10:08 PM
bugcaster

"bruiser" wrote in message

I slipped on the deadly basalt in the bottom of a deep canyon yesterday
and
landed on my elbow.

I'd not only cut my skin deeply but my bursa as
well, so I got stitched inside and out.

bruce h

Hope you heal up OK. Any mention of bursa makes me shudder.

Old September 14th, 2004, 05:50 AM
bruiser

Thanks for all the get well wishes. I think it will be fine. It is my
right elbow and I was wearing my studded Simms boots. I do cast with my
right hand although I write left handed. Maybe that's why both skills have
evaded me so far (g)

bruce h

Old September 15th, 2004, 12:34 AM
bones

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:26:35 -0600, Willi & Sue
wrote:

bruiser wrote:

First the good news:

Harry Mason has an article in the new SW Fly Fishing and it's a really
interesting read as well as a description of how to construct his CDC Biot
Caddis.

Congrats Harry!

Thanks willi....

thanks to bruiser I just now got a copy of the issue.
Harry Mason
www.Troutflies.com