Fluke in NY- 3 keepers!

Old June 10th, 2004, 01:30 PM
FreddieM

Default Fluke in NY- 3 keepers!

Fluke season is open in NY but I learned that they changed the regulations
to max 17'' and 3 keepers. This used to be 7 keepers last year. Frankly I
don't see how this makes alot of sense on the Long Islamd south
shore/Sheepshead Bay fleet since New Jerseys' rule is 16.5'' and 8 keepers!
Does anyone know how the boats on LI Sound are dealing with this? Are people
still going to pay the same fare as last year for 3 keepers? Or are the
boats changing their schedules?

Thanks VM

Old June 10th, 2004, 03:05 PM
wb2lx

several south shore boats are now fishing for sea bass and nex week
porgys

Old June 11th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Stephen M. Gluck

wrote:

Fluke season is open in NY but I learned that they changed the regulations
to max 17'' and 3 keepers. This used to be 7 keepers last year. Frankly I
don't see how this makes alot of sense on the Long Islamd south
shore/Sheepshead Bay fleet

I just came back from a 3/4 day of fluking on the "Laura Lee" out of
Captree, NY. First I have to say that there are a lot more quality
fish out there than last season when there were tons of shorts and
very few keeper I maxed my limit on the last trip and this time won
the pool. The fare has risen but that is a product of fuel costs not
because there were fewer anglers. We did fish a mixed bag and went
after sea bass on one drop near a wreck. The fish do seem to be
bigger than last year.