in memorium

Old June 9th, 2004, 09:13 PM
SJinny1

Default in memorium

Hi Barry:

I'm new to the internet and splashing around without a "net". Seeking to
price and sell my late husband's prized gear. You made me cry. Seems all
fly fishermen are nice folk. Dont know how I got into this newsgroup and am
sure I will never find it again so be consoled by the knowledge that your
dad survived and enjoyed his long life. My Bill died in 1991 at 62 and that
was shattering. I am now 72. Best wishes to you and your brother and
families.
From: "Barry"
Subject: In Memorium...
Date: June 6, 2004 8:05 PM

Today, at 8:15 a.m., my father, Ron Brown, died at 85 years of age in my
arms after a lengthy battle with congestive heart failure. I post this so
that those of you who have had the chance to fish with him or know him, will
be aware. My dad moved to Eureka, CA after WWII expressly for the fly
fishing opportunities that he found here. Fly fishing was his passion and
he quickly adopted the Eel River as "his river". My brother and I, both
raised with fly rods in our hands, spent many hours fishing with my dad and
his friends. My dad fished with the likes of C.Jim Prey, Lloyd Sylvius and
others who plied their skills on the fish of the Pacific Northcoast. Aside
from being an honest, hard working man, my father passed along to his two
sons the love of fly fishing. His ashes will be scattered in his favorite
stream and I will use his favorite fly rod to throw a long line into the
waters. We will miss his wit, charm and love but the lessons he taught all
who knew him will live on.

For those who did not know my father, please treasure those moments with
your own dad for time passes so very quickly.

His loving son
Barry

Old June 9th, 2004, 10:42 PM
riverman

"SJinny1" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Barry:

I'm new to the internet and splashing around without a "net". Seeking to
price and sell my late husband's prized gear. You made me cry. Seems all
fly fishermen are nice folk. Dont know how I got into this newsgroup and

am
sure I will never find it again so be consoled by the knowledge that your
dad survived and enjoyed his long life. My Bill died in 1991 at 62 and

that
was shattering. I am now 72. Best wishes to you and your brother and
families.

Hi Jinny:
Nah, all flyfisherman aren't really so nice, at least not on the internet.
You apparently haven't met our friends Forty or Wolfie. But in real life,
flyfishermen can be some of the biggest-hearted folks I've ever met.

If you are looking to price and sell some of your late husband's gear, there
are a couple of ways to go about it. One way would be to list it on Ebay, or
have a friend help you do that. Another would for you to tell us what you
have, let several knowledgeable folks here discuss the value online, and
then anyone interested in buying could email you directly and arrange the
details.

The problem is that gear isn't always so easy to describe unless you are
familar with the details. You might not be able to tell the weight of the
rod, the condition of the reels, or the quality or type of line, etc. You
will almost certainly have to find someone who is a fly fisherman and have
them look at the gear for you.

But in the meantime, we can tell you a bit about it, if you want to tell us
what you have. Just give all the information you can; anything that's
written on the rods, the cases, the nets, the vest, etc. We might be able to
give you a general idea, but you should certainly follow it up with a
visit to a fly shop for more detailed estimates.

Good luck, and why haven't you considered taking up flyfishing at 72? :-)

--riverman

Old June 10th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Wolfgang

"riverman" wrote in message

"SJinny1" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Jinny;

Sounds like your Bill is still with you. Keep him there.

Assuming you have found your way back here, I apologize on my own behalf and
for anyone else who may be interested for the fact that you've been
introduced to our own little internal squabbles for God knows what reason.

Wolfgang

Old June 10th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Wayne Harrison

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"riverman" wrote in message

"SJinny1" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

see, it's little insights like this that reinforce my belief that you
are the way i know you to be in real life. and the same can be said for
others, doncha know.

yfitons
wayno

Old June 10th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Deggie \LiesAlot-JustLikeMyIdol\ Jackson

In article ,
"riverman" wrote:

Hi Jinny:
Nah, all flyfisherman aren't really so nice, at least not on the internet.
You apparently haven't met our friends Forty or Wolfie.

Why are they such assholes?? Someone must of raped them when they were
kids to make them such ****ed up people.
Old June 10th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Deggie "LiesAlot-JustLikeMyIdol" Jackson" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
"riverman" wrote:

Hi Jinny:
Nah, all flyfisherman aren't really so nice, at least not on the

internet.
You apparently haven't met our friends Forty or Wolfie.

Why are they such assholes?? Someone must of raped them when they were
kids to make them such ****ed up people.

well, i don't know about wolfgang's situation; but according to
eyewitnesses, the entire affair in forty's case was definitely consensual.

hth

wayno

Old June 10th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Jeff

Tim J. wrote:

ROFF is a battlefield and you just have to avoid the mines to get to
the good ****.

When you're scraping it off your shoes, how can you tell the good from the bad?

the good scrapes off easily and doesn't smell or linger... the bad,
well, you'll know it sure enough...

jeff