Lost my fishing buddy

Old December 19th, 2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Olebiker

Default Lost my fishing buddy

Let me see if I can type this without the tears shorting out the
keyboard. My Dad passed away last week at 82. He was buried with his
fishing license in his pocket along with his buckeye.

The best times I ever spent with my Dad were fishing. One morning, in
particular, stands out. It was shortly after daylight and we were in a
quiet bay on Taylorsville Lake in Kentucky. There was a light mist
coming off the water and almost no breeze. A beagle hound was running
a rabbit on a hill covered in broom sedge just above us. Dad caught
about a 2 1/2 pound bass on a spinnerbait, unhooked it, and dropped it
back in the water. He turned around, grinned at me and said, "I wonder
what Jesus is doing with the boys He DOESN'T love this morning."

The theology may not be the best but the sentiment certainly was right
on.

Old December 19th, 2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

"Olebiker" wrote in message
ups.com...
Let me see if I can type this without the tears shorting out the
keyboard. My Dad passed away last week at 82. He was buried with his
fishing license in his pocket along with his buckeye.

The best times I ever spent with my Dad were fishing. One morning, in
particular, stands out. It was shortly after daylight and we were in a
quiet bay on Taylorsville Lake in Kentucky. There was a light mist
coming off the water and almost no breeze. A beagle hound was running
a rabbit on a hill covered in broom sedge just above us. Dad caught
about a 2 1/2 pound bass on a spinnerbait, unhooked it, and dropped it
back in the water. He turned around, grinned at me and said, "I wonder
what Jesus is doing with the boys He DOESN'T love this morning."

The theology may not be the best but the sentiment certainly was right
on.

My condolences. Very nice story. But you will have a lot of nice memories
to look back on.

Old December 19th, 2006, 07:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

On 19 Dec 2006 10:44:28 -0800, "Olebiker" wrote:

Let me see if I can type this without the tears shorting out the
keyboard. My Dad passed away last week at 82. He was buried with his
fishing license in his pocket along with his buckeye.

The best times I ever spent with my Dad were fishing. One morning, in
particular, stands out. It was shortly after daylight and we were in a
quiet bay on Taylorsville Lake in Kentucky. There was a light mist
coming off the water and almost no breeze. A beagle hound was running
a rabbit on a hill covered in broom sedge just above us. Dad caught
about a 2 1/2 pound bass on a spinnerbait, unhooked it, and dropped it
back in the water. He turned around, grinned at me and said, "I wonder
what Jesus is doing with the boys He DOESN'T love this morning."

The theology may not be the best but the sentiment certainly was right
on.

You have my deepest condolences on the loss of your father.
Keep his memory alive in your heart.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old December 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Scott Seidman

"Olebiker" wrote in news:1166553868.905657.89340
@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Let me see if I can type this without the tears shorting out the
keyboard. My Dad passed away last week at 82. He was buried with his
fishing license in his pocket along with his buckeye.

The best times I ever spent with my Dad were fishing. One morning, in
particular, stands out. It was shortly after daylight and we were in a
quiet bay on Taylorsville Lake in Kentucky. There was a light mist
coming off the water and almost no breeze. A beagle hound was running
a rabbit on a hill covered in broom sedge just above us. Dad caught
about a 2 1/2 pound bass on a spinnerbait, unhooked it, and dropped it
back in the water. He turned around, grinned at me and said, "I wonder
what Jesus is doing with the boys He DOESN'T love this morning."

The theology may not be the best but the sentiment certainly was right
on.

Sorry to hear it. Those kind of memories won't fade. Thanks for sharing
that one with us.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old December 19th, 2006, 10:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John Kerr

Lost my fishing buddy

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Tue, Dec 19, 2006, 10:44am
(CST-2) From: (Olebiker)
Let me see if I can type this without the tears shorting out the
keyboard. My Dad passed away last week at 82. He was buried with his
fishing license in his pocket along with his buckeye.
The best times I ever spent with my Dad were fishing. One morning, in
particular, stands out. It was shortly after daylight and we were in a
quiet bay on Taylorsville Lake in Kentucky. There was a light mist
coming off the water and almost no breeze. A beagle hound was running a
rabbit on a hill covered in broom sedge just above us. Dad caught about
a 2 1/2 pound bass on a spinnerbait, unhooked it, and dropped it back in
the water. He turned around, grinned at me and said, "I wonder what
Jesus is doing with the boys He DOESN'T love this morning."
The theology may not be the best but the sentiment certainly was right
on.
========
I lost my dad a few years ago...it's a hard thing to accept. I am deeply
sorry for your loss! I once heard it is not the dates on the stone that
mean anything...it's the dash between them, how we live our "dash" is
what's important. It sounds like your dad lived his "dash" well!!!!!

John K

Old December 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

"Olebiker" wrote in message
ups.com...
Let me see if I can type this without the tears shorting out the
keyboard. My Dad passed away last week at 82. snip
----------------

May wonderful memories and hope of a brighter future to come comfort you in
your loss.

Joe

Old December 20th, 2006, 01:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

Sorry to hear of your loss. May the wonderful everlasting memories
strengthen you and your family through this time.
ups.com...

Old December 20th, 2006, 02:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Olebiker" wrote in message
ups.com...
Let me see if I can type this without the tears shorting out the
keyboard. My Dad passed away last week at 82. He was buried with his
fishing license in his pocket along with his buckeye.

The best times I ever spent with my Dad were fishing. One morning, in
particular, stands out. It was shortly after daylight and we were in a
quiet bay on Taylorsville Lake in Kentucky. There was a light mist
coming off the water and almost no breeze. A beagle hound was running
a rabbit on a hill covered in broom sedge just above us. Dad caught
about a 2 1/2 pound bass on a spinnerbait, unhooked it, and dropped it
back in the water. He turned around, grinned at me and said, "I wonder
what Jesus is doing with the boys He DOESN'T love this morning."

The theology may not be the best but the sentiment certainly was right
on.

I grieve with you, having lost my father as well. Don't dwell on the loss,
but remember all the good times. It isn't easy, but is all you can do.
Should you ever want to swap "Dad Stories", feel free to contact me. We can
smile a little and share memories.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 20th, 2006, 05:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Condolences on the loss of your dad. It's been almost 40 years since
mine passed, and I still miss him.
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Carlos

Olebiker wrote:
Let me see if I can type this without the tears shorting out the
keyboard. My Dad passed away last week at 82. He was buried with his
fishing license in his pocket along with his buckeye.

The best times I ever spent with my Dad were fishing. One morning, in
particular, stands out. It was shortly after daylight and we were in a
quiet bay on Taylorsville Lake in Kentucky. There was a light mist
coming off the water and almost no breeze. A beagle hound was running
a rabbit on a hill covered in broom sedge just above us. Dad caught
about a 2 1/2 pound bass on a spinnerbait, unhooked it, and dropped it
back in the water. He turned around, grinned at me and said, "I wonder
what Jesus is doing with the boys He DOESN'T love this morning."

The theology may not be the best but the sentiment certainly was right
on.

Sorry for your loss. Write about the good times. Tell stories to the
family and friends. In those stories he will live on and not be forgotten.

Carlos