Sounders

Old November 30th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Grumpy

Default Sounders

HI Guys,

I need some advice, looking at anew sounder. What are your opinions on
Lowrance X88DF, Humminbird Matrix 25, or others,

Many thanks
Alan

Old November 30th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Spider

Lowrance and Humminbird both make a good range of sounders. My personal
preference of these two brands is lowrance. I suggest you buy the most
expensive sounder you can afford and then learn how to use it and read it
and you will have a great fishfinding tool.

Old November 30th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Grumpy

Both units I am looking at are in the same price range. I seem to be being
pushed to the Matrix, but I am not sure if it's because the guys get better
margins.

Thanks

u...

Old November 30th, 2003, 04:33 PM
-v-

"Grumpy" wrote in message
u...
Both units I am looking at are in the same price range. I seem to be being
pushed to the Matrix, but I am not sure if it's because the guys get

better
margins.

I have a Matrix 15 with transom mount transducer. Nice unit and reads the
bottom well even running at 35 knots on my 22' ob boat.

I bought the optional GPS module direct from Humminbird for $100. The first
two thaey sent me died within a couple of weeks. Number 3 is working ok. If
you get the GPS mount the antenna on one of those stubby threaded mounts
($10 at West Marine). That seemed to help.

I would also look at the Furuno LS 4100 now.

Old December 7th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Aloha

I've got a Lowrance X88DF.

Fantastic sounder. Keeps bottom at 70km/h + in 80m of water. Super clear
display as well. Easy menu system. You can download the simulator from the
Lowrance website.

Heath

u...