Height of Infamy

Old August 13th, 2006, 02:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid

Default Height of Infamy

I was in Walmart this evening. I go in there about once every 6 months
for something they sell that costs 4X as much elsewhere.
At the register, the register operator called over the front end
manager. She whispered something in his ear. Hmm, thinks I, have I
overstepped the limit on my credit card (no, its paid off monthly)?
Has their Xray scanner sensed the box opener in my pocket? Do they
think my bottle of water is an explosive?
I was wearing a nice t-shirt that has a royal coachman embroidered into
it, with the words "Bite Me" over the top.
The manager asked me "not to wear that t-shirt into their store again.
Some may consider it offensive."
I was gobsmacked. Speechless. I nodded assent and left.
Only on the way home did the clever rejoinders come to mind. I think I
wear it in there tomorrow. Any ideas?
Frank Reid

Old August 13th, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Frankie have your wife and daughter wear one also..........Remind me of
a contractor that was in a home depot in Mass.......He borrowed a
pencil from an associate did his estimate for the customer that was
with him walked out of the store was aressted for stealing the
pencil.........Home Depot sez we sorry contractor tells them to pile
sand and broken glass up there ass and would not go to home depot
again........i wonder what happen to the associate..........

Old August 13th, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On 12 Aug 2006 18:08:51 -0700, "Frank Reid" wrote:

I was in Walmart this evening. I go in there about once every 6 months
for something they sell that costs 4X as much elsewhere.
At the register, the register operator called over the front end
manager. She whispered something in his ear. Hmm, thinks I, have I
overstepped the limit on my credit card (no, its paid off monthly)?
Has their Xray scanner sensed the box opener in my pocket? Do they
think my bottle of water is an explosive?
I was wearing a nice t-shirt that has a royal coachman embroidered into
it, with the words "Bite Me" over the top.
The manager asked me "not to wear that t-shirt into their store again.
Some may consider it offensive."
I was gobsmacked. Speechless. I nodded assent and left.
Only on the way home did the clever rejoinders come to mind. I think I
wear it in there tomorrow. Any ideas?
Frank Reid

Bring bail money.

/daytripper (And welcome to Red State America ;-)
Old August 13th, 2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Frank Reid wrote:
I was in Walmart this evening. I go in there about once every 6 months
for something they sell that costs 4X as much elsewhere.
At the register, the register operator called over the front end
manager. She whispered something in his ear. Hmm, thinks I, have I
overstepped the limit on my credit card (no, its paid off monthly)?
Has their Xray scanner sensed the box opener in my pocket? Do they
think my bottle of water is an explosive?
I was wearing a nice t-shirt that has a royal coachman embroidered into
it, with the words "Bite Me" over the top.
The manager asked me "not to wear that t-shirt into their store again.
Some may consider it offensive."
I was gobsmacked. Speechless. I nodded assent and left.
Only on the way home did the clever rejoinders come to mind. I think I
wear it in there tomorrow. Any ideas?

Heh, heh, heh.....

You own a video camera?

Wolfgang

Old August 13th, 2006, 03:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Mike wrote:

Any ideas?

Try this one:

http://www.northlandposter.com/walmart.html

Old August 13th, 2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred Lebow

I recently had to stop my son in law and friends from skeet shooting on my
property
They bought the targets from Walmart because it was cheap.

Marked all over the box was
Toxic To Animals

We have dogs, deer, goats and who knows what else running around
I had him return it of course!
With a giant lecture!

I wanted to shov e it down SamWalton's throat but he already did the world a
service and he died!

He is luckily still dead!

What a thoroughly disgusting outfit Wal-Mart is!

Fred

--

ups.com...

Old August 13th, 2006, 03:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Fred Lebow wrote:

What a thoroughly disgusting outfit Wal-Mart is!

Sam's heirs, who collectively are about five of the ten wealthiest
people on the planet, are bankrolling the effort to repeal the estate tax.

Old August 13th, 2006, 05:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
vincent p. norris

I recently had to stop my son in law and friends from skeet shooting on my
property
They bought the targets from Walmart because it was cheap.

Marked all over the box was
Toxic To Animals

If my senility is not worse than I think it is, boxes of clay birds
said that many years ago, before we ever heard of Walmart. The blame
for that should be placed on the manufacturers, not Walmart.

The PA Game Commission has a shooting range near here, where lots of
people break gazillions of clay birds (most of them when they hit the
ground after being missed). That range is in teh center of a deer and
turkey hunting area.

It appears that wild animals, and probably dogs, cats, and birds, have
no interest in consuming the clay birds, which have all the appetizing
qualities of a hunk of mud.

Seems to me I've heard that hogs will eat them, but not many hogs
reside where people shoot targets.

All this is not intended to defend Walmart. But if you really want to
get mad, get mad at Big Pharma, which has been gouging all of us
severely for many years. Far worse than the oil companies.

vince
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

vincent p. norris wrote:

All this is not intended to defend Walmart. But if you really want to
get mad, get mad at Big Pharma, which has been gouging all of us
severely for many years. Far worse than the oil companies.

Walmart is certainly the largest retailer of pharmaceuticals in the
world. They take a cut.