DDFS anyone?

Old November 1st, 2004, 03:42 PM
Tim J.

Default DDFS anyone?

I almost let a piece of roffian history and lore go by unnoticed. Every
year in the August/September time frame, Joe Fleischman used to host the
Dog Days Fly Swap. In 2003 I picked up the torch and proudly carried it
forth in the prescribed manner. In 2004, I brain-farted and forgot all
about it. BUT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE FOR REDEMPTION! Maybe. . .

I'd be happy to again host this fly swap of flies that people found
particularly successful in the hot days of summer if there is any
interest. I figure the U.S. election is all but done and youse guys will
need something else to bitch about, so it may as well be my hosting
skills G.

If you're interested respond to this or let me know via email ( kpos3wt
at comcast dot net ). I want to limit this swap to twenty people so as
not to be overwhelming for anyone (including me.)
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 1st, 2004, 04:32 PM
Wayne Knight

Tim J. wrote:

If you're interested respond to this or let me know via email (

kpos3wt
at comcast dot net ). I want to limit this swap to twenty people so

as
not to be overwhelming for anyone (including me.)

I'm in, and the fly will be......

The Patriot

Old November 1st, 2004, 04:39 PM
riverman

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tim J. wrote:

If you're interested respond to this or let me know via email (

kpos3wt
at comcast dot net ). I want to limit this swap to twenty people so

as
not to be overwhelming for anyone (including me.)

I'm in, and the fly will be......

The Patriot

Count me in! I think I'll tie up some SuperPupas. I can send my
contributions out via regular mail, and we can work out how to get my
recieved ones back to me later.

--riverman

Old November 1st, 2004, 05:30 PM
JR

"Tim J." wrote:

I'd be happy to again host this fly swap of flies that people found
particularly successful in the hot days of summer ....

I'm in. #14 starling and herl.

JR
Old November 1st, 2004, 09:43 PM
Tim J.

Hooked wrote:
Tim J. wrote...
I almost let a piece of roffian history and lore go by unnoticed.
Every year in the August/September time frame, Joe Fleischman used
to host the Dog Days Fly Swap. In 2003 I picked up the torch and
proudly carried it forth in the prescribed manner. In 2004, I
brain-farted and forgot all about it. BUT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE FOR
REDEMPTION! Maybe. . . I'd be happy to again host this fly swap of flies that
people found
particularly successful in the hot days of summer if there is any
interest. I figure the U.S. election is all but done and youse guys
will need something else to bitch about, so it may as well be my
hosting skills G.

If you're interested respond to this or let me know via email (
kpos3wt at comcast dot net ). I want to limit this swap to twenty
people so as not to be overwhelming for anyone (including me.)

Cuttin' it kinda close to the infamous New Year Swap aren't you?

It's up to you, Don. If you have a problem with the swap timeline (yet to be
determined), don't sign up. I figure this swap will be done by the end of this
month, and the Great Fly Swap (*if* anyone picks up the vacancy left by Frank
and Joe - again, yet to be determined) doesn't even begin signup until January
1.

Not everyone will want to tie for both and some won't tie for the GFS because of
the numbers involved. Given that enough interest is shown, I'll tie for both
either way.
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 2nd, 2004, 12:13 AM
bruiser

If any of you want to come to the San Juan Jan 15-18 I'll have flies for
you. Not just any flies but flies that have worked intermittently for years
: -)

I will be busy tying those flies in my spare time. Otherwise I'd join the
swap too.

bruce h
"Tim J." wrote in message
Tim J. wrote...

Old November 2nd, 2004, 12:37 AM
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:13:57 -0700, "bruiser"
wrote:

If any of you want to come to the San Juan Jan 15-18 I'll have flies for
you.

Deal. g
--
Charlie...